Question Spam like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2021
Visit site
I am trying to post and receive this message: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. Why is this? Can someone help?

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's a LOT of people out there desperately trying to get their video view numbers up so they can make more money. These people are constantly (and I really mean constantly!) trying to post links to their videos on this forum. If they were allowed to do so, we would need to scroll through a page or two of video spam to find even one serious topic. Soon after that, there wouldn't be any serious topics, and the forum would die. (Again. PC Gamer had forums years ago that didn't make it.)

So yeah, they keep it pretty tight around here. Even then, plenty of spam spills through.

Why is this?
We get ~1,000 spam posts per day. It's inevitable some innocent posts will get caught mistakenly in the clean-up. Blame the spammers 100%.

spam-like
Are you familiar with how Google, Microsoft etc etc tackle the billions of spam which infests their resources daily?
In simple terms, if you post like a spammer, your post will be treated as spam.

Tip: Don't try to post links as a new member—that's extremely spam-like behavior. Go elsewhere to do that, there are loads of opportunities out there.

Aug 29, 2021
Visit site
okay, got it and understand / thank you

i was trying to post a piece about and yes, it did have a link to a video

Last edited by a moderator:
Even then, plenty of spam spills through.
what? I failed again... commits seppuku

I hate to imagine forums where the posts are just free to be made, 98 pages of unanswered posts and only 4 real questions in there, that would be terrible and no one wants to read spam that for the most part is just telling you things you can get for free on the internet already. You are wasting your time if you think anyone click those links twice.

• Haha
Reactions: Pifanjr and Lutfij
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS