Content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. Why is it giving me that everytime I try to type in a thread?

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "Help".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Sometimes if youre typing a wall of text or you mention a very popular game by name it might get caught in the forum spam filters.

You also cant post links to other sites unless youve been here a while. Sorry but we had a lot of problems early on with spammers so it kind of has to be that way or we'll be swamped.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi. Sometimes if youre typing a wall of text or you mention a very popular game by name it might get caught in the forum spam filters.

You also cant post links to other sites unless youve been here a while. Sorry but we had a lot of problems early on with spammers so it kind of has to be that way or we'll be swamped.
Does that mean photos from Imgur as well?

Theres a post on limitations for new accounts here.

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site

How many time do we have to wait until we are deemed trustworthy forum users and able to post links to other sites like for example youtube? or instead of a test of time, it is a test of collecting enough trophies? If some administrator could tell us the exact policy, it would be very kind.

Also if my words seem a bit confusing I apologise in advance to whoever reads me, English is not my mother tongue.

If some administrator could tell us the exact policy, it would be very kind.

Welcome to the forum :)

I doubt admin will do that, as it would tell the hundreds of spammers we get every day what they need to do to get around our anti-rubbish defenses.

Be aware that we are VERY wary of links from newer members. Even if they pass admin policy, they also have to pass a 'sniff test' from every Community Manager and Moderator who reads them. The top line of my sig isn't just a filler :)

My advice is get involved in discussions, don't just wait until you can post links.

How many time do we have to wait until we are deemed trustworthy forum users and able to post links to other sites like for example youtube? or instead of a test of time, it is a test of collecting enough trophies? If some administrator could tell us the exact policy, it would be very kind.

Also if my words seem a bit confusing I apologise in advance to whoever reads me, English is not my mother tongue.
Your English is great!

There are good reasons to not announce the exact details of the policy. But basically if you are genuinely here to talk about games and hang out then it shouldnt matter much if you cant post links for a bit.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts