Something Rotten In Kislev || Total War: Warhammer III Co-op Campaign

I am an avid (though not especially good) Total War: Warhammer III player. I would love to try the special 3-player co-op scenario, “Something Rotten In Kislev”. Co-op battles are an excellent way to play the game (you can really focus on your micro), and I like trying different ways to play games. But my friends don't play Total War and I am reluctant to find total randoms on the Discord.

So, would any of you like to play the campaign with me? Reply below if you would. I am based in the UK. I work occasionally but have quite a bit of free time generally. I have a headset and a home office so we could use voice comms.

Last edited:
I would, but I'm not great at the battles. I usually auto-resolve.

Three points:

1. Playing co-op with an experienced friend is actually an excellent way to learn how to do the battles. You get to start by just focussing on the basic frontline units and maybe some archers while the friend handles the difficult micro of the cavalry and the magic-casters. Then you swap and get to practice just doing the cavalry or just doing the magic-casters so you can learn how to play with them without having to do everything else too.

2. The basic strategy in any Total War game is simple: Shaka Zulu's “horns of the bull”. Send your heavy infantry in as a frontline (with archers behind), then swing around the flanks with your cavalry. Once you've grasped this concept, everything else is finesse.

3. If you play on Easy battle difficulty level, you have probably fallen prey to the notorious autoresolve discrepancy. You need to adjust some of the difficulty settings higher. Watch this important twenty-minute video from one of the most popular Total War streamers and you'll understand (every Total War fan should watch this):

Three points:

1. Playing co-op with an experienced friend is actually an excellent way to learn how to do the battles. You get to start by just focussing on the basic frontline units and maybe some archers while the friend handles the difficult micro of the cavalry and the magic-casters. Then you swap and get to practice just doing the cavalry or just doing the magic-casters so you can learn how to play with them without having to do everything else too.

2. The basic strategy in any Total War game is simple: Shaka Zulu's “horns of the bull”. Send your heavy infantry in as a frontline (with archers behind), then swing around the flanks with your cavalry. Once you've grasped this concept, everything else is finesse.

3. If you play on Easy battle difficulty level, you have probably fallen prey to the notorious autoresolve discrepancy. You need to adjust some of the difficulty settings higher. Watch this important twenty-minute video from one of the most popular Total War streamers and you'll understand (every Total War fan should watch this):

I actually know what to do during battles. I just don't have a "real time" brain anymore. But I've been playing Total War since the first Medieval game. It was a lot easier to flank the enemies back then. You just flanked them, killed their general and watched the rest of their army scatter. Now they at least attempt (not very well) to stop you from flanking.

We usually play on Very Hard because I need to pause the game a lot during battles and you can't do that on the highest difficulty. But I only actually fight mission battles and battles the game says I'm going to lose.

I'll watch that video in bed tonight.

Three points:

That was an interesting video. I didn't know Easy giving you a huge boost to auto resolve, but only a small boost in an actual battle.

For me, I play on different difficulties depending on whether I'm using mods or not, but Easy isn't one of the options. If I'm using mods, I'll play on Normal. If I'm not using them, I'll play on either Hard or Very Hard depending on whether Guido is playing with me. If I'm by myself, I play on Very Hard, but Guido's style doesn't tend to work very well at that level because he almost never makes a second army until pretty late in the game. He'd be more than willing to play on Very Hard, but I don't give him the option.

However, I really haven't been in the mood for the game lately, and I think that may be because I'm playing on a difficulty that is too much for me. Honestly, with the way I've been fighting battles, I should probably be playing on Normal. But the map portion is so easy that it lures me in...

Plus, I know a few tricks that work when you are grossly out-manned, but I consider that cheesing the game, not being good at it. You can wipe out an entire reinforcing army just by standing in their spawn zone and ganging up on them as they trickle through.

@ZedClampet I have been playing on Normal campaign and Hard battle.

I don't mind the reinforcing army “trick”. To me that feels like a reward for having wiped the main army before the reinforcements arrived. You can't do it with only a couple of units.

However, the first time you drain the enemy's entire supply of ammunition with a fast leader zig-zagging back and forth in front of them without getting hit is a bit embarrassing lol.

Plus, I know a few tricks that work when you are grossly out-manned, but I consider that cheesing the game, not being good at it. You can wipe out an entire reinforcing army just by standing in their spawn zone and ganging up on them as they trickle through.

Ooooooh you're gonna like this in Pharaoh:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1eb9e4l/small_heads_up_for_first_time_pharaoh_players/