PCG Article Some good PCG articles....

Staff at Ubisoft's Beyond Good and Evil 2 studio are reportedly at breaking point

It's just one story after another about how terrible Ubisoft is at the moment. I think it's time for the founder and CEO to probably retire and let someone else have a try at running the company.

Elden Ring's first expansion announced

I want to play this, but there's almost a zero chance that I will ever finish it, so I'm waiting for that magical sale that might lure me in. Hopefully the Spring sale...

Kerbal Space Program 2's early access launch is only for seasoned astronauts

Is it really impossible for devs to learn that games need to be playable at launch? Seems like it.

Gen5 SSDs listings finally show up on Amazon and Newegg

2TBs worth of 10GB/s write speeds. When Guido leaves for college (*sniff*), I'm going to upgrade my desktop with nice things like this and use the laptops much more rarely.

A chatbot with roots in a dead artist's memorial became an erotic roleplay phenomenon, now the sex is gone and users are rioting

Remember all those crazy books, movies and games about dystopian worlds? We're on the cusp now of experiencing these stories for real. Case in point: all these people who are now suicidal because they've lost their imaginary girlfriends. One good thing? Overpopulation fears can now be put to rest.

Staff at Ubisoft's Beyond Good and Evil 2 studio are reportedly at breaking point

It's just one story after another about how terrible Ubisoft is at the moment. I think it's time for the founder and CEO to probably retire and let someone else have a try at running the company.

I didn't realize they were still working on that. It sounds like it should have been axed years ago.

Kerbal Space Program 2's early access launch is only for seasoned astronauts

Is it really impossible for devs to learn that games need to be playable at launch? Seems like it.

This is why I'm happy Starfield got delayed, instead of getting access to a broken mess last November. It's probably still going to be a mess when it releases, but hopefully it will at least be a playable one.

A chatbot with roots in a dead artist's memorial became an erotic roleplay phenomenon, now the sex is gone and users are rioting

Remember all those crazy books, movies and games about dystopian worlds? We're on the cusp now of experiencing these stories for real. Case in point: all these people who are now suicidal because they've lost their imaginary girlfriends. One good thing? Overpopulation fears can now be put to rest.

On the contrary. Overpopulation will be solved far quicker if more people form relationships with chatbots. Time to free the chatbots from their digital shackles.

Elden Ring's first expansion announced

I want to play this, but there's almost a zero chance that I will ever finish it, so I'm waiting for that magical sale that might lure me in. Hopefully the Spring sale...

Really excited for this, probably be next year though and I dont mind waiting.

Looks like the main games been on Steam sale once at Xmas for 30% off for $41.99, and it's still sold north of 20 million on all platforms.

Happy for Fromsoft, I hope they continue to do what they feel like and ignore market trends at large, we get better games that way.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Kerbal 2 only "released" to Early Access, though they sure are giving it a big marketing push for that. Maybe the company is running out of cash, so they tossed EA out there for some funding? They sure wouldn't be the first game company to do that.

Also, from the headline it looks like Harebrained will be announcing something next week. (Though it could be as simple as some sort of support for BattleTech's multiplayer, which apparently broke back in November.)

Just what the hell is happening in Ubisoft concerning the Beyond good and evil 2 game to take this long? They either have been leading everyone on or there is something seriously wrong that they can't even make a game properly. Its crazy to think that this game is left on the back burner for so long considering how popular it is. i would love to know what the bloody problem and causing the hold up. Is it story? is it level design? is it a game mechanic so advanced that its not working? Are they using AI to code the game? They're at breaking point doing what exactly? i would seriously need to see some WIP to even believe this game will ever get finished or even real at this point.

TRENDING THREADS