Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
I am looking to either build or buy 2 custom built pc for myself and my husband. In the past we have always built our own. We used the TechReport guideline that they came out with every year, and our computers were long lasting with little to no issues.

Unfortunately, they got bought out last year and no longer make the guidelines. Our computers are pretty old and on their last legs, so this is relatively time sensitive. This time we are going to have to start from scratch, new cases all the way to OS. I don't really have the time, or the patience to start wading through huge amounts of info to start building my list of parts etc.

I was hoping for some advice. I am looking for a similar guide on how to build a pc and the comparable charts of parts and alternative choices depending on price and quality. Failing that, I would like to find a reputable company that custom builds gamer rigs. Our budget is 2k to 3k for each computer. I realize that while this is a decent budget for building our own, it might not be for a custom built, but since I don't know much about buying an already built one, I thought I would look into it. Any help would be appreciated.

What uses will you have for the systems?

Are you looking for 2 of the same?

Is gaming one of the uses? If so what monitors will you be gaming on? What resolution/refresh rate?

2-3k what? USD?

How urgent is the purchase?

Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
What uses will you have for the systems?

Are you looking for 2 of the same?

Is gaming one of the uses? If so what monitors will you be gaming on? What resolution/refresh rate?

2-3k what? USD?

How urgent is the purchase?

My system is for gaming and editing photos. It should have a good sound system, and the ability to burn cds and dvds. I might be doing 3d printing, video editing, and vr in the future.

The second needs to also be a gaming machine, as well as set up for vr. Decent sound system, CD and DVD burning as well.

I definitely want them to have a good cooling system and be easily upgradable. The monitors are nothing special. They are 24 inch, but they are at least 7 years old. They are decent enough for now, but we will eventually in a few months replace them to higher end ones.

The money is USD. Not sure urgent is the right word. They haven't really worked well for months, but we have been so busy that it wasn't as big a deal as it normally would have been. Now, however, one of them looks like it's actively dying, and I would like to have something else in place to replace it asap. The other one is doing a little better, but I want to replace them both at the same time. I don't need them like tomorrow, but ideally sometime in the next few weeks. Oh, and we are going to need new gaming mice, as our old Orosborus ones are no longer supported, which sucks.

TRENDING THREADS