sci fi shooting games

Jan 22, 2020
Hi does anyone play any good sci fi shooting games please. I am looking for a good sci fi shooting games please thank you.

Dan

Jan 15, 2020
What have you already played that you enjoyed?

Here are some;

Prey (original and new, I prefer the original)
Deus Ex
Mass Effect (I never liked it, but I can see why many other people do)
Bioshock
System Shock
Half Life
Halo
TitanFall
Quantum Break
Crysis
Doom
Warframe
Hard Reset
Singularity
TimeShift
Syndicate

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020
I'd recommend all those titles which @Dan has listed

Plus these
> Portal
> Portal 2
> Quake 2
> Quake 4
> Half-Life 2
> FarCry Blood Dragon (80's comedy shooter)
> Metro 2033
> F.E.A.R

Last edited:
Reactions: Krud
Jan 22, 2020
yes I played halo which I enjoyed. I hear that they are bringing another halo game out in the future I think.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
yes I played halo which I enjoyed. I hear that they are bringing another halo game out in the future I think.
Now is a great time to be a Halo fan what with all the games in the Master Chief Collection slated to release on PC in short order.

How about Star Wars Battlefront 1 or 2? The original Pandemic games are my preference, but the new DICE games have their merits.

Reactions: kill1978
Jan 14, 2020
A recent sci-fi shooter worth your time would be Control. This game is something else and talking about it doesn't really do it justice. It's third-person with very strong metroidvania elements and a big mystery at the center of its plot. It's hella good and probably my game of the year 2019.

Prey (original and new, I prefer the original)
Mass Effect (I never liked it, but many other people do)
Bioshock
System Shock
TitanFall
Doom
@Dan already compiled an excellent list up there, and these particular ones get a strong recommendation from me.

Jan 13, 2020
If you don't mind something that's a bit of goofy fun and have some buddies to play with, Earth Defense Force 5 is great. It offers four different classes to play as, with each having numerous upgrades/loadouts you can customize. There's plenty of different kinds of giant bugs & aliens to take out, and the story has a decent length to it.

Reactions: kill1978
Jan 13, 2020
> Portal
> Portal 2
> Quake 2
> Quake 4
> Half-Life 2
> FarCry Blood Dragon (80's comedy shooter)
> Metro 2033
> F.E.A.R
JC Denton himself didn't even list Deus Ex!? ;) I guess it's more of an immersive sim than a shooter in the standard sense, but I think the shooter aspects of the Deus Ex series deserve a shout.

Reactions: Krud
Jan 14, 2020
twitter.com
JC Denton himself didn't even list Deus Ex!? ;) I guess it's more of an immersive sim than a shooter in the standard sense, but I think the shooter aspects of the Deus Ex series deserve a shout.
I'm trying to remember if I ever shot anyone in the original Deus Ex. Unless you count tranq darts.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot Super Hot

Reactions: kill1978 and Rensje
Jan 17, 2020
You mean you didn't even shoot anyone with that NES-cartridge-looking stealth pistol that was available? 😁
Stick with the prod. It will stun your opponents or knock them unconscious. A non-lethal takedown is always the most silent way to eliminate resistance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY