Satisfactory sim game

I normally go for fighting or dungeon or puzzle games but i want to get my teeth stuck into something that will keep me going for a long time.

In the satisfactory game how do you choose what to build , does it go on the lines of you can build anything as long as you have the right materials.
Does is have all buildings greyed out in some sort of inventory until you have the things you need to make them

I normally go for fighting or dungeon or puzzle games but i want to get my teeth stuck into something that will keep me going for a long time.

In the satisfactory game how do you choose what to build , does it go on the lines of you can build anything as long as you have the right materials.
Does is have all buildings greyed out in some sort of inventory until you have the things you need to make them
Not 100 percent sure what you mean about building anything with the right materials. You can build whatever you want with the building pieces, but the machines themselves (and there are many of them) are premade, and you can build them once you have them unlocked and have the right materials. The questions you'll have are things like, how many do you need, where do you place them, how fast should you set the machine to work, how do you get the needed materials to the machine, and what do you do with the materials that it makes (which will probably need to go both to storage and to other machines on conveyor belts). There's a lot of strategy to it.

If you are wanting a game where you invent or create machines out of various parts, you could look at something like Scrap Mechanic, which is pretty fun but completely different from Satisfactory. In Scrap Mechanic, you have a bunch of different components, and you see what all you can make out of them. For instance, you can create machines that defend your garden from the nightly robot raids, or you can build cars or try your hand at boats and airplanes.

They are both good games, but have different types of engineering involved. Satisfactory is more logistical, although you can build any type of building you want much, much easier than in Scrap Mechanic. So if you want to make a really cool looking building out of your factory you can do that.

Thanks Zed i just started downloading satisfactory , i will probably just mess around with it for a while to get a feel for how it works then start again ....... thats what i do with all new games.
One nice thing about Satisfactory is that you can easily deconstruct things, and you get all your resources back, so you don't necessarily have to start over if you want to completely change things up. That way you could keep your unlock progress if you decided to do it that way.

If that was your thing, I'm guessing you'd have heard of them. They've both sold millions of copies, so they are pretty famous among people who like that sort of game.
I looked them up. I'd definitely be into Satisfactory more than Factorio. I don't care for overhead games like that. I honestly don't care for building sims at all, but the first person of Satisfactory would probably interest me more.

But honestly, I worked in a factory for 11 years, and I don't really care to play a game about that. Lol. The only factory game I ever wanted to play would be a custom FPS game that took place in a model of the same factory I worked in. Haha.

But I can see how people would be interested in this.

You put Wordle into the strategy category
Cos that's where puzzles go :p
Yes, we're in a bit of a category muddle here.

TRENDING THREADS