Satisfactory game question

I posted this on the games Q & A but nobody answered it.

An update patch was released today and now at loading screen i get a message saying .... authenticating steam for crossplay.

It has not done this before and i have always logged into the game through steam.
It has something to do with letting Epic and Steam players play together, which was a part of this update. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you play solo.

I'm not sure why the game bothered to tell you what it was doing except to point out that this much requested feature is now working.

Last edited:
Hi zed thanks for reply that explains why my photo and an epic log in tab is at bottom left but whats the point of changing from steam to epic if they made it so epic and steam users can play together anyway . That dont make sense
They don't want you to change to Epic. They just want people who bought the game at Epic to be able to join the games of their friends who may have bought it at Steam.

If you had a friend you wanted to play co-op with, but he had bought the game at Epic, now you can do that. Before this update, to play together one of you would have to have bought a second copy of the game.

They don't want you to change to Epic. They just want people who bought the game at Epic to be able to join the games of their friends who may have bought it at Steam.

If you had a friend you wanted to play co-op with, but he had bought the game at Epic, now you can do that. Before this update, to play together one of you would have to have bought a second copy of the game.
Even if your single player have you figured you have to kill your other self to get inventory back

Even if your single player have you figured you have to kill your other self to get inventory back
Hahaha. You're crazy, man. That would be kind of cool, though.

Let me try to make the bottom line as clear as possible. This crossplay change doesn't impact you at all except for that message that briefly pops up on the screen. Nothing changes for people who play solo.

Last edited:
Trust me Zed ... if you have not used the game since the patch yesterday this is what you need to do .

Even if your single player the first time you use the game you are back at the hub/space elevator , you will have no inventory so you have to try and remember where you was in the game the last time you played it. When you find your other self kill it and you get your inventory back.

I found a few odd things as well , all map and compass markers are on but you know how to turn them all off.

Some key bindings have reset themselves as well , example , i use arrow keys to move but after U8 i could not do anything such as place foundations and move at the same time so here my fix for it ..... use main arrow keys to move ... turn on number lock and set up nudge move with the number pad arrow keys , after you have done it turn the number pad key off.

Trust me Zed ... if you have not used the game since the patch yesterday this is what you need to do .

Even if your single player the first time you use the game you are back at the hub/space elevator , you will have no inventory so you have to try and remember where you was in the game the last time you played it. When you find your other self kill it and you get your inventory back.

I found a few odd things as well , all map and compass markers are on but you know how to turn them all off.

Some key bindings have reset themselves as well , example , i use arrow keys to move but after U8 i could not do anything such as place foundations and move at the same time so here my fix for it ..... use main arrow keys to move ... turn on number lock and set up nudge move with the number pad arrow keys , after you have done it turn the number pad key off.
lol I thought you meant you had to go to the game in Epic and kill your other character. They've made a lot of changes to the game. I was only talking about crossplay, which doesn't impact you.

Much of what you are describing isn't supposed to be happening. Your problem is you are playing in the Experimental Branch. You can solve all your problems by not doing that. Back up your save files and return to the released game. Don't play Experimental unless you start a new game. You are only asking for problems.

If you need help turning off Experimental, let me know. If you decide to stay in Experimental, you are on your own because I'm not playing Satisfactory right now, and I won't be able to help because I'm not 100 percent sure what all the changes are that they've made to the game.

Playing in Experimental on a very old game you've put thousands of hours into like you are doing is kind of crazy and only going to lead to heartbreak. I hope you've kept a lot of old save files.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS