subnautica v satisfactory

Most of you regulars will know i have been hammering satisfactory for around 3 and half years and when i got it i was a construction game noobie.
I have looked at a lot of other games similar to this and keep saying to myself their not as good as satisfactory , i tried the demo of factorio but the not as good as ... curse struck again and whilst it gets some good write ups i am not a fan of " top down " graphics they remind me of games i played on spectrum in early 1980's but that said it does not mean its a bad game.

I just noticed subnautica and the subnautica below zero is on steam at 70% price reduction.

I dont trust reviews and even though i have looked at a few videos on youtube i am not sure what to make of it , is it the underwater equivalent of satisfactory or a completely different type of game.

If you own it how would you describe it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Most of you regulars will know i have been hammering satisfactory for around 3 and half years and when i got it i was a construction game noobie.
I have looked at a lot of other games similar to this and keep saying to myself their not as good as satisfactory , i tried the demo of factorio but the not as good as ... curse struck again and whilst it gets some good write ups i am not a fan of " top down " graphics they remind me of games i played on spectrum in early 1980's but that said it does not mean its a bad game.

I just noticed subnautica and the subnautica below zero is on steam at 70% price reduction.

I dont trust reviews and even though i have looked at a few videos on youtube i am not sure what to make of it , is it the underwater equivalent of satisfactory or a completely different type of game.

If you own it how would you describe it.
I don't own Satisfactory, but just from what I know of it, I don't think it's at all similar to Subnautica. While you do build a base and vehicles in Subnautica, they're more in support of exploration and the story, rather than being a primary thing the game itself is about. You'll build yourself a sub so that you can go deeper, maybe build a new FOB when you get there, but you're not really focused on anything more than a landing pad.

That said, it could just be how I play these types of games. I did the same with Valheim, where building a base is a functional thing for me, not really the focus of the game itself.

Subnautica is definitely not the same kind of game as Satisfactory. Without mods there is no automation in Subnautica and most of the stuff you can craft you'll probably only craft once, just to unlock a new area to explore. There is some base-building, but it's not the primary focus of the game. In fact, after you build a big submarine you can just live in that and you can deconstruct all of your bases.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS