Question RX5700XT not detected on B550M pro 4 asrock.

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
So I just upgraded my Pc on 2nd september . Using asrock b550m pro 4 and ryzen 3700x as my upgrade, while my rx 5700xt is almost 1 year that I have been using it with my old pc.

(day1) I install every drivers, update the newest windows etc, no problem at all at first. Then I decided to leave it for 6hours I guess cause I needed to sleep. Without washing my face I wanted to turn it on, but there is no display from booting up to windows. Luckily I already installed my teamviewer with set password, and I can get into the windows but it is just no display cause my RX 5700XT is not detected on device manager, even no display option at all on device manager. Then I contacted my friend to deal with this, he just recommended me to reinstall the windows then I did it anyway with borrowing old big bro's gpu r7 200 series if you know what I mean. After the installation done, I installed teamviewer and unplug the old shitty r7 200 series and exchange it to rx 5700xt, but it is still the same. I told my friend to check it with teamviewer, and he just installed drivers at first then restarted(cause system had to do that), then suddenly the gpu is detected damn I was so happy. I installed the latest drivers everything I need , even run benchmarks on tom clancy ghost recon breakpoint. It ran well . Before I slept, I told my friend if this gpu is not detected again, my happiness is gone for sure.

(day2) I woke up, you know what? it is the same , no display!!! Contacted my friend , tried to do the same but failed. dude I wake up until I sleep just to make this works? what the ....

Here is the thing I did :
1. checked my cable, display port , hdmi , psu cable etc.
2. checked if there is bent in my new ryzen 3700x
3. updated BIOS to the newest one
4. cleared Cmos
5. reinstall the windows 3times now counted perfectly
6. Reseated the gpu card, checked if there is something wrong, not fit etc. (everything is fine)
7. Tried to install the driver while gpu is not detected by windows (by using teamviewer for sure)

Hopefully someone here can give me solution or ideas how to solve this issue, cause I am so freakin frustrated man, I upgraded all of these for this blank screen ~_~.

here is the specs:
ryzen 7 3700x
asrock b550m pro 4
klevv bolt x ddr4 (8x2) 16gb
psu superflower 650w gold modular

note : if someone here is confused, How can I re installed the windows or type this frustrated tragedy that I have (I plug the old shitty card r7 200series everytime I need to install, and even right now I am looking at my monitor)

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
I have 2 monitors, one is hdmi, another one is using display port. I wish I could add the photo, that is showing there is no " display " on device manager, and showing how I failed to install the amd driver ( of course not working, cause not detected)

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
If using onboard vga and rx 5700xt, it is not showing to the bios. But it runs well, it is going to windows, to prove that I am going in with my teamviewer. But to get into BIOS, I have to plug in my big bro's old gpu r7 200 series

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi @ronal22 , could you find out what the problem was? Im having the exact same issue on a very similar motherboard (asrock b550 pro4 atx sized).
I contacted RMA, sent my gpu there, they´ve tried it on another motherboard and say it works just fine. Im so confused. Im currently using an old radeon r5 230 (from 2014 i guess) and it started working perfecto from the moment i put it on.

TRENDING THREADS