RTX 3060 12GB won't play overwatch in low settings

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
The PSU is the fuel for your rigs engine. If you put poor quality fuel into an engine over time things get gunked up and eventually stop working properly or blow up.

View: https://youtu.be/p4QtbahNK2M?t=454

Thats a 450w PSU, all your important components work off the 12v rail. Cheapo PSU's often over state their capacity in that way by including teh 5v and 3.3v in the total. I've never heard of the brand and I cant find a review from any reputable site. All red flags I'm sorry to say.

Any way you might be O-K until it blows up because your CPU uses so little power. If youre completely against a new PSU at this point then check your temps if you havent already.
my temps are fine, i have been using this pc for months

No offence but we're trying to help you here. If you think everything's fine, our advices might not be what you need. We've all been there and done that to learn that every component in a system has some weight with regards to performance and at the end of the day, our wallets. There are numerous documented sites that show a cheap/no name/generic PSU with enough wattage to drive a system for years on end, conked out in a space of days or months.

Along those lines, it's been documented how the RTX3000 series and AMD's lineups of GPU have transient loads which tend to strain the PSU beyond it's spec. It's with this(discovery) in mind whereby it's now commonplace to recommend a much higher wattage unit(that's reliably built) to power any system with a concurrent GPU.

Apart from your expensive paperweight PSU, you might have a corrupt OS, a corruption in your GPU driver or even your platform might be pending a BIOS update which could all(individually and/or cumulatively) be the root cause of your abysmal FPS with a mid range RTX 3000 series GPU strapped to a lackluster platform(for 2022).

As for what you're dealing with, we're trying to troubleshoot your system. There's no magic bullet to solve any and/or all issues, it's all a process of elimination to find what might be a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
No offence but we're trying to help you here. If you think everything's fine, our advices might not be what you need. We've all been there are done that to learn that every component in a system has some weight with regards to performance and at the end of the day, our wallets. There are numerous documented sites that show a cheap/no name/generic PSU with enough wattage to drive a system for years on end, conked out in a space of days or months.

Along those lines, it's been documented how the RTX3000 series and AMD's lineups of GPU have transient loads which tend to strain the PSU beyond it's spec. It's with this(discovery) in mind whereby it's now commonplace to recommend a much higher wattage unit(that's reliably built) to power any system with a concurrent GPU.

Apart from your expensive paperweight PSU, you might have a corrupt OS, a corruption in your GPU driver or even your platform might be pending a BIOS update which could all(individually and/or cumulatively) be the root cause of your abysmal FPS with a mid range RTX 3000 series GPU strapped to a lackluster platform(for 2022).

As for what you're dealing with, we're trying to troubleshoot your system. There's no magic bullet to solve any and/or all issues, it's all a process of elimination to find what might be a solution to your problem.
i told you, i have no corrupt OS, i think its because my RAM its kinda old, my processor is fine, my PSU is fine, i think all i will need to do its to change the RAM and add the SSD

First of all, your CPU should be able to run it fine. My daughter runs it fine with the same CPU and a GTX 970

First thing that comes to mind for me is, have you connected your monitor to your graphics card, or have you connected it to your motherboard? If you have connected it to your motherboard, you are not using your 3060, you are using your integrated GPU.

Updating drivers should be a given, but I don't know if that is the case here, as Win 10 downloads drivers automaticly.

Reactions: redmark_
as Win 10 downloads drivers automaticly
The OS does download drivers on it's own accord but more often than not it either gets borked or worse, it downloads the wrong drivers for the right card. Even OS updates also tend to make things go sideways.

That can be disabled, and should be if you're a bit tech savvy—one of the things I make sure is still off after every monthly update. As Lutfij says, it can go wrong. MS driver updating is only for people who don't know about drivers—it's better than they never being updated.
Never had a problem with it myself, and I have tried automaticly downloaded drivers, and never has it resulted in 10 fps on low quality in a game that can be run off just about any discrete graphics card from the past 8 years.

Anyway, the OP has installed drivers, so it's not a problem in his case. I believe there's either overheating which is leading to throttling or he simply plugged his monitor into his motherboard, which is a classic mistake resulting in about those numbers.

This thread as a whole was enlightening for me, as I've haven't seen someone with a nice CPU with low FPS problem, there's a problem in the hardware mix-n-match somewhere, old a new parts. 🤔

or he simply plugged his monitor into his motherboard, which is a classic mistake resulting in about those numbers.
Well, it happens to all of us. 🤣

When I was younger I'd done this exact same thing, also, I've seen some stories on Reddit where even if they assemble computers, sometimes they'd forget to plug the power cord and scratch their head at why it won't boot, or they plugged the monitor into the motherboard instead of the GPU. 😅

Reactions: Brian Boru
You can mix and match parts(apart from mixing and matching sticks of ram), that's not the issue, the issue is having a balanced system, one where one part isn't underpowered by the rest.

The matter of this thread stating 10FPS on a perfectly capable system could be a number of things. Drivers being one of them, not the only thing that needs looking into.

as Win 10 downloads drivers automaticly
The OS does download drivers on it's own accord but more often than not it either gets borked or worse, it downloads the wrong drivers for the right card. Even OS updates also tend to make things go sideways.
Yeah, that's one of the things that's annoying with windows, I also shut that off because if a perfectly fine driver gets auto updated it could just go crazy suddenly.

^ I had an APU build that always went sideways as soon as an OS update came through(I literally migrated last, when compared to my colleagues, onto Windows 10 after being on Windows 7 since it was released). I had to reinstall the OS(after recreating the installer using Microsoft's tool) every time I felt the system bogged down or the very convenient memoryleak issue. I knew where to look and what to do once things felt odd to me, as my colleague above has stated, people who aren't tech savvy end up running around in circles.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
First of all, your CPU should be able to run it fine. My daughter runs it fine with the same CPU and a GTX 970

First thing that comes to mind for me is, have you connected your monitor to your graphics card, or have you connected it to your motherboard? If you have connected it to your motherboard, you are not using your 3060, you are using your integrated GPU.

Updating drivers should be a given, but I don't know if that is the case here, as Win 10 downloads drivers automaticly.
i just checked that and my monitor is connected to my graphic card, so the problem is not that

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
hey guys, i don't know if you can still see this post i made long time ago, but i got new things, and i want to hear your opinions:
-i got new memory, 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz, the name its "Vengeance LPX" from CORSAIR
-i got a new processor, Intel core i9 unlocked (i9-10900KF) 10th Generation
-i got a new mother board, MAG B560 Torpedo, from intel

TRENDING THREADS