Question Romances in games

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I am a sucker for video game romances 😍 and I'd love to know about some of the best video games featuring romances in your opinion and about some of your favourite video game romances!!
Comment away please!!

Reactions: Sarafan and SWard

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, there's the horrible ones and then there's the blah ones. Final Fantasy 10's wasn't so bad toward the end but the first half was pretty awful.

Oh, there was the one in Dragon Age: Inquisition. "So, you wanna ride the bull?" The bit where the three advisors walk in on the happy couple was classic. Sadly, it all ended in tears and the populace made jokes about my gullibility in the end credits. <Sigh ;>

Reactions: tombeir
I'm always partial to Liara T'soni in Mass Effect. While it's easy to say "sure, blue alien bombshell cliche" I find her an incredibly nuanced character all around. He initial infatuation with Shepard, her innocence and naivete despite her book smarts, and the softness and sincerity in her voice. Oh yeah, plus blue alien bombshell, duh.

A close second would be Leliana from Dragon age, but for different reasons. Sexy redhead with a sultry French, er, Orleasan, accent with a passion for sensual fashion. She's confident, experienced, passionate, and probably the only person to ever to make Morrigan blush.

Reactions: Frindis and tombeir
May 4, 2020
Visit site
I'm always partial to Liara T'soni in Mass Effect. While it's easy to say "sure, blue alien bombshell cliche" I find her an incredibly nuanced character all around. He initial infatuation with Shepard, her innocence and naivete despite her book smarts, and the softness and sincerity in her voice. Oh yeah, plus blue alien bombshell, duh.

A close second would be Leliana from Dragon age, but for different reasons. Sexy redhead with a sultry French, er, Orleasan, accent with a passion for sensual fashion. She's confident, experienced, passionate, and probably the only person to ever to make Morrigan blush.
Liara and Tali are my favs too😍

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Baldur's Gate 2 was one of the first RPGs which featured romances with NPCs. The romance with Viconia is still considered one of the better in history of the genre. You should check it out.
Should I play the first baldurs gate to understand the story though?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Should I play the first baldurs gate to understand the story though?

It's not necessary if you don't have enough time. I also started with BG2 and played BG1 later on. There's a nice summary of BG1 plot in BG2 intro. If you have some spare time, it's recommended to start with the first game however. BG2 is a direct sequel with the same player character and some other NPCs.

Reactions: tombeir

TRENDING THREADS