Question RAM compatible with Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I have a Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard new. I went to PC Partpicker to find some Ram. I have since bought and returned 3 RAM sets because the MB gave me messages saying it's not compatible. I have looked at other people's setups and they are all using high end RAM and it works for them. But all the RAM that they are using isn't even on the Motherboard support list which says the maximum NATIVE speed DDR you can have is 2666.

Is there anyone who has this board that knows anything about this. I think Amazon is getting pissed at me for returning all the time.

Now I have Corsair 3200 DDR4. Motherboard doesn't like it but it runs. XMP won't work. Vereeeeery slow.

Its very strange you cant get RAM to work with XMP. Where are you getting the message that RAM is incompatible exactly?

I ran 3200 RAM on a 7700K and I know for a fact that people have been running up to 4000 on Z270 boards 24/7 with some tweaking so its highly unlikely that your motherboard cant handle the speed.

Did you try the RAM in the other RAM slots? You do have them installed in the slots the manual recommends?

Reactions: Anam123
Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Yeah I tried all the combinations as it says to in the manual. The XMB thing comes up when computer starts. BIOS gives me the message. So i enable in Bios but doesn't work. All the benchmark stuff says is that the RAM is not running correctly. But at this point I'm like, "well at least it's running".

I've been through that list above before. I got RAM that others had built their machines with in PC Part picker with the same MB and they dont have any problem with it. I guess it must be the board. I've created a ticket with GigaByte so I'll see what they say/do. Probably get the usual bs template reply.

Thanks for the replys peeps. Next time I get MB it's gonna be Asus.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Have you updated to the latest BIOS? Might be a problem wit the motherboard setting a voltage somewhere too low that was fixed in an update.

In my experience if RAM is unstable at XMP you wont get a message, youll just find it crashes and/or under performs while gradually corrupting your files, if it boots at all.