Ram compatibility with MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I wanna upgrade my pc real fast as I am currently trying to finish up a model in blender but as some of you probably know its painfull to work with an old i3 cpu. Solution: I will buy a new motherboard so I can buy a new cpu. So I found a MSI B450-A PRO MAX on a local store for 60 euros which if I am correct is a great price for a ATX motherboard. Second problem I also have old memory. I could only find it on this sketchy website but the specs are right: https://www.photopoint.ee/ru/kompon...-bls4g4d240fsb-ddr4-dimm-1-x-4-gb-2400-mhz-16. I plan on upgrading my memory from the two 4gb, 8gb in total ballistix memory to 4X4gb in total 16 GB memory and filling up those 4 slots with speedy ram but for now I just need something working. Do you think that the memory will be compatible. From reasearch I have done I think it will but I gotta be real sure because the website I am buying the motherboard from is kinda wanky and it will be a hassle to return the item. So what is your process for figuring out if a memory will be compatible with a motherboard? If you have a method do you think the memory will be compatible?

I linked the manual for the motherboard you posted. On page 16 it will show you all the compatible components. At a quick glance it shows that it will support AMD AM4 processors that are first through third generation. You memory that you said was DDR 2400mhz is also supported. Just understands that you have an i3 intel processor and this is an AMD board which means you will need a new CPU that is AMD. I hope this helps.
MSI B450 MAX manual

Reactions: Biggie
Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I linked the manual for the motherboard you posted. On page 16 it will show you all the compatible components. At a quick glance it shows that it will support AMD AM4 processors that are first through third generation. You memory that you said was DDR 2400mhz is also supported. Just understands that you have an i3 intel processor and this is an AMD board which means you will need a new CPU that is AMD. I hope this helps.
MSI B450 MAX manual
Oh yeaa of course I will buy a new cpu. Thanks for the help

With Ryzen it helps to check the motherboard compatibility list on website to make sure the ram you are buying was tested. Its a little hit and miss with ram if its not been tested. BSOD can become common if you choose wrong. I see it on Tom's a lot.

click Compatability on the left followed by the Memory by CPU type (since you didn't say what CPU you wanted.

TRENDING THREADS