Solved Ram and CPU compatibilities??

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Good Morning all,
I build a system the other week that gave me a bit of an issue. When I booted the system for the first time, it would not post. It just sat there with the boot light on like a weirdo. I double checked a few things and unplugged all the nonessential items and tried again and got the same error. Ok, so I think, "change the ram and see what happens" and that seemed to fix the problem and it posted right away. I have been running benchmarks on it now for a week or two and have had no issues at all which is great. Here is the question for ya'll... Why??

The ram that did not work is: Lexar Hades 32 (2x16) PC4-3600-18-22-22-42
The ram that worked is: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 (2X16) PC4-3600-C18

The rest of the system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASrock B550m Steele Legend
CPU: AMD Ryzen7 - 3700x
Ram: Corsair listed above
PSU: Corsair RM750e
Storage: Samsung 980pro 2T
Graphics Card: Asus 4070ti (Used an older gpu until posted to update bios for 40 series)

My initial thought might be the speed of the ram. The CPU states it supports ram up to 3200 but i had issues before it posted so it would have still been running at 2333. Also, the working ram is not running with XMP at 3600 and no issues.

Second thought was compatibility - could the lexar be intel ram?

What are yalls thoughts?

Thank you,
Drew

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oddly Corsair don't appear to have tested their ram with that motherboard. At least, its not showing if I search by motherboard
I don't see motherboard on here either - https://www.lexar.com/en/support/compatibility/

Ryzen more picky about ram than Intel so it does help to see if they have been tested before buying any.
Corsair ram, of the 2, is more likely to have been tested with the board. That is probably why it worked.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Oddly Corsair don't appear to have tested their ram with that motherboard. At least, its not showing if I search by motherboard
I don't see motherboard on here either - https://www.lexar.com/en/support/compatibility/

Ryzen more picky about ram than Intel so it does help to see if they have been tested before buying any.
Corsair ram, of the 2, is more likely to have been tested with the board. That is probably why it worked.

Thanks for the link and the info!

TRENDING THREADS