Radeon Marginal performance

May 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

A few months ago I've build a new pc, I'll list the specs below. When I'm using my Radeon app , I see a lot or marginal performances for games like the Witcher3, Total war Warhammer 2, Kingdome come deliverance but even heartstone. Can someone give me some tips please?

My Specs:
ADM Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Cpre ¨processor (16 CPUs) - 3.8 GHZZ
32768 MB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Samsung widescreen 5120 x 1440 (32 bits) (120hz)

• Love
Reactions: ajimagma
The first tip would be to ignore the Radeon app and go by your own experience in the games. Its just a tool for AMD to (lets say) encourage people to buy more expensive Ryzen and Radeon stuff.

It used to tell me the most sensible update for my system was to buy a 5950X, before I moved from an Intel 7700k to an AMD 5600X. I'm currently playing Gears of War Ultimate edition on Gamepass at the highest settings and averaging 76 fps. Apparently this is also 'marginal' performance. Its nonsense.

Your resolution is very high, if you wanted to improve frame rates you would need to lower some in game settings until you find the balance between quality and performance that feels right for you.

May 2, 2021
Visit site
The first tip would be to ignore the Radeon app and go by your own experience in the games. Its just a tool for AMD to (lets say) encourage people to buy more expensive Ryzen and Radeon stuff.

It used to tell me the most sensible update for my system was to buy a 5950X, before I moved from an Intel 7700k to an AMD 5600X. I'm currently playing Gears of War Ultimate edition on Gamepass at the highest settings and averaging 76 fps. Apparently this is also 'marginal' performance. Its nonsense.

Your resolution is very high, if you wanted to improve frame rates you would need to lower some in game settings until you find the balance between quality and performance that feels right for you.

Thank you for your reply!

No problem!

As a general rule keep your GPU drivers up to date and monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures during gaming. You can use software like HWINFO, GPUZ or Coretemp to measure temps, or even just the Radeon metrics under the performance tab for the GPU.

I like to keep CPU under 80C max and the hotspot/Junction temperature on the GPU under 100C using custom fan profiles to keep everything working at full speed.

TRENDING THREADS