Quiz: Name that movie

Page 56 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 27, 2020
@FreezerBurn - Close enough. The actual movie title is: In the Name of the King, a Dungeon Siege Tale, staring Jason Stratham. Loosely based on a really great game from 2002, Dungeon Siege. I thought it was a great ARPG that had absolutely no load screens and your party could travel seamlessly from outdoor maps to indoor, and vice versa.

Unfortunately, the movie didn't even come close. I've tried to watch it several times over the years, but either fell asleep, or turned it off. Directed by our favorite games-to-movies director: Uwe Boll. If there's a 10 worst list of games-to-movies movies somewhere, this one is surely a candidate.

@FreezerBurn I've tried to watch it several times over the years, but either fell asleep, or turned it off. Directed by our favorite games-to-movies director: Uwe Boll. If there's a 10 worst list of games-to-movies movies somewhere, this one is surely a candidate.
I've had the same experience, tried to watch it multiple times and somehow blanked the whole thing, and I have a pretty high tolerance for fantasy/scifi/video game dross stories.

I think any 'bottom 10' list would need to put a 'one entry per director' limit in or Uwe movies would dominate the list. OH! Look at who's in that film! Burt Reynolds? John Rhys-Davis!?
Also Ray Liotta and Ron Perlman. Its got the lowest Rotten Tomatoes rating I've ever seen, and they made a sequel starring Dolph Lundgren. Who is it that Uwe Boll knows something about to keep getting these made?

Reactions: Zloth and mainer
Nov 27, 2020
No, it's not Tarzan. Here's a couple more shots for Monday. In addition to being kind of futuristic-scifi-horror movie, it also involves sort of a twisted take on Christianity.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts