Solved Question Weird on off flickering for 15/20 Mins after startup on a hdmi screen only RTX 3090

Mar 14, 2023
Visit site
Hey,

i´ve got a weird on off flickering for 15/20 Mins after windows 11 startup on a hdmi screen only RTX 3090. (the left screen is HDMI to HDMI)

(and the right screen Displayport to HDMI adapter to DVI which does not have this problem)

It only happends on startup after login for 15/20 mins and never there after.

I noticed that after the first start and problem occurred i can use my pc normal as i already said but doing a restart the problem does not occur. Only after hrs or the day after.

I use VeraCrypt and the PC does this also on the pre sign-in phase.

the phenomenon is that the problem appears only once a day.

For example i start my pc at the morning at the problem appears. After that i can shutdown my pc for 1/2/3 hours and it will not happen again.

But when i turn my pc off for the night and turn it on again at the morging it will happen once.

i did:

I tried to change the hdmi cable an connector

aswell as a complete reinstall of windows.

The problem did not change in the past 4 Nvidia GeForce Gameready Driver updates/or full Display Driver Uninstaller.

I also upgraded from a 2070 Super to a 3090 (the problem was there on both)

I tried to set both monitors the left bigger one to standard 60hz from 74hz and the right smaller one form 66hz to 60hz and change the priority but the problem stayed the same without any change.

I also disabled my onboard Intel GPU in device manager aswell as in the bios.

I also skip the installation of the Intel Display optional drivers.

I bought 2x DisplayPort to hdmi cables with didn´t fix the issue. Yes when i connect one monitor the problem doesn´t happen not matter which one is connected

And i tried a downgrade from Win11 to Win10 with a full disk wipe before.

HERE A VIDEO OF HOW IT LOOKS:
Video

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

In your video, the flickering monitor looks in bad condition—how old is it, has it been mishandled?

An expert will be along later, but my reading of all you posted is that it's a problem with that monitor. Can you swap your monitor with someone else's for a couple of days and see if either of you experience the same problem?

Your work suggests it's not cables, graphics card, or software—which leaves monitor as the main suspect.

Mar 14, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

In your video, the flickering monitor looks in bad condition—how old is it, has it been mishandled?

An expert will be along later, but my reading of all you posted is that it's a problem with that monitor. Can you swap your monitor with someone else's for a couple of days and see if either of you experience the same problem?

Your work suggests it's not cables, graphics card, or software—which leaves monitor as the main suspect.

The monitor on the left aswell as on the right is fine since i tried other sources aswell as new cables.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS