Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Hey there PCG Folks!

Here I am again asking questions as I like to do. So my question is a follow up to my earlier thread https://forums.pcgamer.com/threads/quarantine-gaming-what-will-you-be-playing.3007/ back when we are only just starting this lockdown. Now that we are quite a bit further in, I would love to hear about how everybody has passed the time while staying sane (at least mostly).

I found myself filling the time with games that have longer campaigns. For example I think I have probably put in a good 100 hours at least on Total War games. I decided to finally sit down and play through an Orc campaign since Warden and Paunch came out. I also gave Total War 3 Kingdoms another try. Outside of that I really really dug into this season on Destiny 2 and I finally got around to playing through Divinity 2 (ongoing please no spoilers!). As far as Division 2 goes, well I was a person who got banned. I admit I did use the exploit to have some fun with friends playing some PVE content (which we were already blasting through anyway) just to see how crazy we could get it. When I got banned, I shelved the game and never went back.

Other highlights:
Cat destroyed said bean bag chair, I managed to stay angry at him for almost a full twenty minutes
I found out almond milk does not go well when trying to make pudding
I had to re-install windows on multiple computers after the windows May update
I got a new computer chair that I love!
I got stir crazy and literally camped out in my back yard (multiple times)
I accidentally listened to the Queen of the Damned soundtrack 187 times before I noticed that my work music playlist was really short
I am terrible at making bread
Being home all the time made no difference in my ability to murder plants

So, how are you doing so far? What are some changes you noticed in your behavior? How have you been doing on remaining socially connected? What can you share with all of us that might help us keep quarantine and beat this plague with our sanity intact?

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis and Mazer

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Same as ever, really, except now my hair is getting crazy. I'm keeping it cut enough to not get in my eyes but that's about it.

What is this socially connecting thingy? Some political movement?
Ha! I hear ya. I went back to my army days and just started shaving my head again. I've always kept it short, but now I just shave it off every few weeks.

Same as ever, really, except now my hair is getting crazy. I'm keeping it cut enough to not get in my eyes but that's about it.

I haven't cut my hair at all and it does keep getting in front of my eyes and sometimes into my nose. It's very obnoxious, but my wife really likes it being long so I'm keeping it this way until I feel comfortable getting a haircut.

I'm also still working from home, which isn't great for my productivity but is great for spending more time with my family.

I do still have very little time to game, I've probably played 10 hours total in the last month. My wife recently tried out Skyrim together with some friends of ours and it worked pretty well, so that's something to look forward to doing together when we find/make some time for it.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm also still working from home, which isn't great for my productivity but is great for spending more time with my family.
I think mine is about the same. There's a lot less chatting with folks at work but there's more drifting off into Microsoft News from the Start menu. It sure is nice to be able to get up and wander around a bit, maybe make/eat some lunch, when there's a meeting where I don't need to talk!

I'm still very actively unemployed which is both stressful and boring, two words that probably capture most people's experience of 2020. I'd also been making an honest effort to complete one of the many big RPGs I'd been neglecting, either Pillars of Eternity or Divinity OS 2, but then I picked up Satisfactory on sale and now I see conveyer belts when I close my eyes.

Also, long hair crew represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS