Problems with your Duke Hyperkin 20th Anniversary controller?

There are problems with this controller, in my case phantom presses of the left trigger, which stayed on most of the time.

These problems can be solved with a firmware update. The firmware is not listed on their site for download, but if you email their support support@hyperkin.com they will send you a time-sensitive link to the firmware along with instructions on how to properly install and test it.

Worked like a charm for me.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Jan 24, 2023
Visit site
I've tried this and can confirm that it's an effective workaround for the trigger problem.

Here's a copy of the email they sent me:

Below Is the step by step guide to update the firmware for your controller. Please note, this software is NOT to be distributed and is only available for private use.

0. Open the extracted software
1. Hold down the left Analog stick while plugging in the controller to your pc, continue holding till the software says “ONLINE”
2. Once online, release the left analog stick and download the firmware.
3. Unplug the controller.
4. Hold down the 3 middle buttons under the screen (Share, Pause, Menu) and plug the controller in, wait till the animation on the screen finishes and ends on the Xbox logo.
5. Release the 3 buttons
6. Press A
7. Press A again
8. Unplug the controller
9. Plug it back in.
10. Test the controller on the following website https://gamepad-tester.com/

After doing the following, your dead zone on the trigger should be pretty low, but the phantom presses should be gone. Here is how to recalibrate the deadzone, no software is needed for this, but it will need to be plugged into a PC.

1. Plug in the controller while holding down the 3 middle buttons under the screen (Share, Pause, Menu) and plug the controller in, wait till the animation on the screen finishes and ends on the Xbox logo.
2. Press A
3. Rotate the left stick in a circle, followed by the right stick. (IMPORTANT DO EACH STICK ONE AT A TIME)
3. Press in the left trigger 3 times, followed by the right trigger. (IMPORTANT DO EACH TRIGGER ONE AT A TIME)
4. Press A again
5. Unplug the controller
6. Replug the controller and check on https://gamepad-tester.com/

When emailing them they asked me to specify exactly which colored Duke 20th anniversary controller I had, so it seems there may be different firmware packages available for the different 20th anniversary variants, although I highly doubt this would be the case. To be safe though I would recommend contacting their support team and asking them for the software that matches your exact controller rather than trying to find a copy online. I imagine that trying to install the wrong firmware package could potentially brick your controller.

TRENDING THREADS