Problem with BDOS every 10-15 minutes with ram at it default 3200 setting

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Heyo Neo here
I have a problem with my ram it's G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 and the motherboard
I've read on review sites of the various shops here in my country and they just say that the MB and this particular ram don't go well together.
Any advice and what to do should I buy a different ram or MB or something else is the issue
Currently, I'm running the ram on a lower setting and it's stable

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($190.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE OC GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB Video Card
Thank you all for help with it my next post will probably be about an upgrade of parts like GPU, CPU, etc.

Are you able to run the RAM at 3000 or 2933 C16?

If so you wont gain very much by buying a 3200 kit anyway, personally I'd leave it at that. I know older Ryzen could be fussy with RAM timings, and if you wanted to get that kit to work at full speed, its possible but you'd have to look into RAM overclocking which would involve a lot of research, testing and time. In the end you wouldnt have a lot of extra performance to show for it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
In that case, I wouldn't change anything. If at some point you wanted to upgrade to a 5000 series chip then you could spend out on some 3600 C16 RAM. But the chip upgrade would be the major boost,

IIRC around 3466 is where most 2000 series top out as far as RAM speed goes. There are always benefits to spending time tuning timings and so on but for the amount of work you would have to put in to get to a stage where you knew what you were doing, only you could tell if its worth it to you for the 10% frame boost you might get if youre lucky.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Hey I tried to post the thread about an upgrade but can't I get "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "
I followed the guide and posted the bb code from pcpartpicker with links and prices but it seems something may be wrong

TRENDING THREADS