Popular Music with Attitude.

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I guess it depends on delivery. I was wondering whether a music video might offer more tonal context, but it didn't really make it any more ..."playful". At the same time, lyrics with a similar gist are *all over* the place and most of the time they barely register. It's just something about this specific example that triggers me, but the day is nearing its end so I'm not going to take the time to try and put it into words :D

Guess I will put this here, could also go in comedy

20 Years ago the Badgers was a internet classic...

its 20 years ago... wow.

This is not the original.

Nor is this

maker just made a few variants recently to celebrate

this is closer

Yes it is repetitive as well, it was a flash video and only had so much space originally. Times have changed.

This band was from my home town, lead singer grew up ~10 miles from my home—which isn't far in the rural setting. Sadly, she drowned aged 46—RIP.

She wrote this anti-war song in response to 2 kids being killed by an IRA bomb in Warrington, England, in 1993—it was one of many such songs censored in EU and US during the Iraq war. It has since been adopted as one of the regulars by supporters of the Munster and Ireland rugby teams.

Here's a minute of it after the recent epic game in Paris v South Africa.

And the 5m official video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

Its a great song, apparently it was censored in the UK by the Blair government. I never knew that. Not in EU, they didnt support the Iraq war.

We used to live opposite a pub in summer 2004 that had open doors onto a street terrace, Sunday was karaoke night and one bar person used to finish every time at 11.30pm by singing Zombie. It kind of ruined the song for me because she has a 6/10 voice but thought she was a 10. Guess I know why they were always singing it now.

Apparently they also banned Sex Bomb by Tom Jones. Understandable, that song makes me want to blow things up.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS