Playing one of your favorite games, but you just can't have fun anymore?

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone fired up one of their favorite games, but you've just played it so many times you can't get into it anymore? I haven't played Fallout 3 in a while and played it for maybe a week, and it was fun at first, but I keep thinking "I should play New Vegas instead...". I think I've just played it too many times. I still like it, but I can't do like I used to and play the whole thing through with DLCs.

Yes.... It happened to me with Diablo 2. I played it so much I started to hate looking at some of it. Maybe 20 years later I can handle it again?

Same happened in wow towards end of time I played it, I got sick of playing it.

I now try to stop playing games before I start hating them.

Reactions: Brian Boru
There's been a few games that I remember fondly, but turned out to have aged really poorly when I decided to replay them. The first Mass Effect comes to mind, after finishing the third one. I'm very happy they decided to remaster the series, as I would very much like my wife to play them too but I'm not sure if she would've been able to deal with the aged mechanics of the first game.

Feb 7, 2022
Visit site
I play Black Desert and it’s gotten to the point I want to quit, because I paid almost $90 for pearls to get more inventory slots and the very next day the GM took them and said I paid for the one that was expired. No I reply why would I foolishly waist my money on items that expire. So I’ve not bought anything from them but it’s made the game unsatisfactory to me and dull. And I actually like the game but oh well

TRENDING THREADS