Question PC/Screen freeze

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
Hi folks,

I own a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH Intel Core i7-9750H with 16GB of RAM and a GPU RTX 2060
I'm experiencing some problems when I try to launch games. Few seconds later after I start to play my screen just freezes/goes black. I cant do anything other than restart the PC manually. The PC seems unresponsive. Sometimes the image showed on the screen duplicates itself slightly to the left.

Here is a picture of the error.

https://ibb.co/XyLMNB1

It doesnt happen in all the games, just some of them. Using Rockstar as an example I can play RDR2 without any problems but an older game like GTA 5 is barely playable because of this problem. The pc is new, I purchased it a year ago. From my understanding it happens randomly and I don't have a way of replicate it. I have to mention that my performance in most of the games is great (whenever it decides to work). I've updated de Nvidia drivers to the most recent version and I've tried to change different settings of the graphic control panel. The issue doesn't occur when I'm on the browser or working in other stuff. I use an desktop monitor wich I connect to the PC via HDMI and use as my main screen. Maybe that is an issue. I would be infinite grateful if you could give me any hint about what is happening, I can provide any information that you request.

(I'm not sure about that I get the impression that the issue tends to occur more often in games which requirements are far below my specs, like older ones.)

Thank you so much :)

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
While you wait for an expert to drop by:

If you run full-screen, try running 'Windowed Borderless' in any game which offers that option.

Thank you for the quick response!! I've tried that and doesnt seems to make any diferences.
I've also tried:

- Cleaning the vents of the laptop.
- Restoring the default values on the "global configuration" section of the Nvidia Control Panel
- Unplug the external monitor and try on the build-in screen.

None of that seems to work. It keeps freezing. I've managed to find a way of replicate the error. (its something)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I hate when people left the forum topic abandoned when they find the solution.

For anyone having this problem:

After trying all of mentioned, what worked for me was uninstalling completly the Nvidia Drivers (there is specific tools that work very well) and then simply going to the Nvidia website and installing the latests version.

I hope it helps

Thank you all!

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS