Question PC powers on but does not boot

Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Hey, my Pc powers on, fans, lights and all work, but no display, right after i turn on my pc there is a EZ debug light for my CPU that shows for a couple seconds then it dissapears.

I've tried reseating the CPU, GPU, RAM but no luck. When i reseated the CPU it looked like it was rather thin in paste, it was also dry. When playing certain games the cpu fan sort of loops. Ramps up and down constantly. (Could my CPU be "burnt"?)

I've come to a dead end, so if anyone has any quick tips before i take it to the shops that would be greatly appreciated.

Spec list:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2070 Super
Gskill Trident Z RGB
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair RM650X

jabowak797

BANNED
Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
It sounds like you are experiencing a problem with your computer's display. There could be a few different reasons for this issue:

1. Incorrect BIOS settings: Make sure that the BIOS is set to use the correct display output (e.g. the built-in display or an external monitor).

2. Damaged display cable: Check the connection between the display and the GPU to make sure the cable is not damaged. You may also want to try using a different display cable to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Faulty GPU: It's possible that the GPU (graphics processing unit) is faulty. You can try reseating the GPU or using a different GPU to see if that resolves the issue.

4. Faulty display: If the display is damaged or faulty, it could be causing the issue. You can try using a different display to see if that resolves the problem.

5. Overheating: If the CPU is overheating, it could cause the computer to shut down or display issues. Make sure that the CPU is properly cooled and that there is enough airflow inside the case.
If you have tried all of these steps and the issue persists, it may be necessary to seek further assistance from a professional. They will be able to diagnose the problem and suggest the appropriate solution.

Welcome to the forums and a Happy New year, newcomer!

When playing certain games the cpu fan sort of loops. Ramps up and down constantly. (Could my CPU be "burnt"?)
If your system doesn't POST, how did you get to play a game with the system or are you referring to back when the system was functional? How old is the PSU in your build? Stock cooler for that processor? Make and model of the case used for your build?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts