Question PC crashes, monitor goes black, fans stop spinning, afterward PC won’t boot.

Mar 24, 2022
Visit site
I’m having an issue with my pc currently as it crashed twice and now won’t boot. For both crashes the monitor stopped displaying an output and the fans stopped spinning, however the rgb lighting stays on and I could still hear sound through my headphones (although I didn’t check how long that continued for after the crash).

I’ve been having periodic issues previously where the monitor will randomly stop detecting the PC and will cycle between HDMI and DP however I could solve this either by restarting the pc or, as I found out more recently, clicking my mouse repeatedly, I don’t know if this is a related issue but felt it was worth mentioning.

This is the first time it has crashed like this and turning it on and off didn’t change anything.

The first time it happened the orange LED on the motherboard corresponding to DRAM turned on and taking out the RAM and putting it back in solved the problem temporarily, however ~15 minutes later the same thing happened again and it now won’t boot at all, even after taking the RAM out and putting it back in and the RGB lighting is the only sign of life (the RAM is lighting up too).

I’m unsure for certain if the RAM is the actual problem but that is what I suspect it is given the orange light on the motherboard for DRAM is on. Is there anything I can do to fix it or further investigate the issue.

I have only had the PC for a week now and all the components were bought new, the parts are:
• Corsair 4000X case
• MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
• Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz
• Corsair H100x CPU cooler
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB (16x2) 3200MHz RAM (CMW32GX4M2E3200C16-TUF)
• Samsung 980 1tb SSD
• MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X
• Corsair RM650x

I won’t be able to do any more work on the pc itself today but I want to get a head start on it before tomorrow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.