PC Gamer Reader Awards - tell us about the keyboards you love!

PCG Dave

Staff member
Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
CNCBwbA.jpg

What's the PC gaming gear that you've fallen in love with? It doesn't matter whether it's the latest Nvidia graphics card, a 2000-series AMD CPU, or that grinty gaming mouse you picked up a few years back but now can't bear to be without. Whatever it is, we want to know about it.

And we're not necessarily talking about what you think your most powerful superstar component is, or your most expensive purchase, we'd like you to tell us about the different parts of your gaming setup that mean the most to you. If you're regularly gaming with it today, and it sparks joy, then we want you to tell us just why that particular slice of PC gaming has found a place in your heart.

Over the next two weeks we're going to find out just what our PC Gamer readers are gaming with and why you love the kit you do. So each day there will be a new category of gear and we'd love you to get involved and tell us which products speak to you and why. Then we will gather all the entries together, come up with a shortlist for each of the following categories, and you will then have the chance to vote on which products should get the coveted PC Gamer Readers' Award.
Today we're asking about what your beloved clicky, clacky keyboard might be.

Are you all about the Corsair mechanical keyboards, or are you a nay-sayer and will champion the soft feel of a membrane board 'til you're blue in the face, or are you some hipster who won't touch a keyboard without Holy Panda switches? You know who you are. Tell us in the thread below, without quoting the original post, first with the name of the product in question, and then just a line or two about why it means so much to you.

And who knows... you might even find yourself featured on the site in our Readers' Awards coverage too.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Corsair K70 LUX - Cherry MX Blue. Hands down my favorite keyboard I've ever had. Love it so much after I bought one for home, I bought one for the office. I love Corsair's layout of their K-Line down to the size and spacing of the keys, the material on the top of the keys, the buttons for music control and volume control. Everything about these keyboards just exude good overall quality and excellent design. Not the biggest fan of RGB on a keyboard, but it comes in handy if I'm gaming or whatever in the dark and don't want to put a really bright light on to type something.

As far as mechanical goes, even though Blue tends to irritate everyone else, I love the clickety-clackety. It's really just, in my mind at least, a confirmation that I hit the key and also just genuinely releases dopamine when I press down and hear those clicks. Call me crazy, but I love it and would never want to not use Blue switches.

But yeah not even a question in my mind. K70 Lux by Corsair!

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I think the main stream Corsair Keyboards are great such as the K70, They seem stable and hefty which gives a lot of confidence in their durability. You can also order them in whatever keys you want, and I use MX Cherries in whatever keyboards I order.

If you want to get a little bit less known then look at the Ducky One 2 which are great because they are completely customizable with their key sets and caps, you can use either their software or Razr Chroma, their feet are adjustable two ways, and the cables are just USB-C so if you need to repleace the cable it isn't tied to the keyboard itself. One of the downfalls for Ducky is they are made of plastic in a noticeable way and seem a bit "cheap" in that way. But if you are not throwing them around then it shouldn't be a problem.

Keyboards are a whole beast in their own and there are hobbyist that invest in custom keyboards, keys, key caps, and the like. It is a whole rabbit hole that you can go down.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
I mainly just use my keyboard to type. I could not live without my Logitech G13 gameboard though. I use it for pretty much every game short of RTS games. That's probably the only game I use the regular keyboard for. I honestly don't know why there aren't more gameboards like that other than the previous Belkin Nostromo (previously I used N50 and N52 before the G13) versions. It's just works so much better IMO.

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Up until recently I had a Logitech G710+, an awesome gaming keyboard. Lovely build quality and a nice mechanical feel. Unfortunately I spilled one too many cups of coffee on it and it died pretty much the same way that countless gaming keyboards went for years before it.

I don't think I deserve nice things.

Razer Black Widow Lite. Somehow it strikes this perfect balance between office-formal and weekend unhinged. A great compromise for when the babies are asleep but you still need to finish that last goddamn El Paso level in Desperados III.

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
I only upgrade my pc when it can't do what I need it to do, which is why I still have an i5-3550, and my case has a sticker on it that says Athlon X2. That's also why my keyboard is the same one that came with the eMachines desktop my dad got me back in 2003ish: the KB-9908. I recently took off all the keys and cleaned 17 years worth of accumulated ick. Now it looks like new, save for the worn WASD keys. I can't imagine another keyboard feeling as right as this one does.

TRENDING THREADS