Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys I am new to this gaming PC stuff but I need help in deciding if this PC is worth buying

I mainly want this PC in order to play gta 5 and maybe some other games

These are the minimum requirements to run GTA 5:
  • OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
these are the recommended requirements to run GTA 5:
  • OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB

I'm looking at PC's that meet more of the recommended requirements but I understand some parts might need to upgraded

This is the PC I'm currently looking at:

SPECS:
  • Dell optiplex
  • Intel I5
  • 8GB RAM
  • 120GB SSD
  • Geforce 710
  • Windows 10activated

PICS:

I just need to know if this PC looks decent. I understand that I might need to upgrade some parts (and if so can someone help me in which parts to upgrade)

Let me know if I need to post more pictures I have asked the seller for more pictures of the inside to know exactly what it holds but he has yet to respond but when he does I will link them in this thread.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Geforce 710 is about the lowest end graphics card that you can buy and won't be able to run GTA5 properly. Found a Dutch review site which shows the FPS with that GPU for GTA5. I believe there's no text but just the graphs so feel free to check it out:

GTA5 benchmark on GT710

I hope it doesn't reconnect you to the US or another local site though :p.

Here are some results of the GT710 vs the GTX660.

I don't think the 9800 GT would be recommended either. I think you'd be playing on the lowest settings on the lowest resolution possible. So I wouldn't recommend that particular pc for gaming.

EDIT: With just an 120gb SSD with Windows10 installed on it I don't even think you'd have enough space for GTA5 to even install.

So basically you'd have to upgrade your SSD and videocard at least. I can't remember how much RAM GTA5 used but depending on what else you're running you might look into more. But I'm not sure about that.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hey guys I am new to this gaming PC stuff but I need help in deciding if this PC is worth buying

I mainly want this PC in order to play gta 5 and maybe some other games
The short answer: no, that PC will not give you a good experience in GTA 5.

The GT710 is a media and home office video card (this is a used home office PC that you are looking at), not a card suitable for playing demanding games. Even at minimum settings, I think you will struggle to hit playable framerates. The i5 might be fine, although without knowing what model it is it's hard to know for sure. The 8GB of RAM is ok. Unless it has a separate HDD, you'll need more storage space than the 120GB SSD in there now. Although you could upgrade the GPU, I'd want to know more about the power supply before relying on it to handle the added load.

What is your budget? We need to know this before we can give you good advice on what to look for. Are you willing to build your own PC or are you looking for pre-built only?

Just to add to the above - Dell's Optiplex PCs are generally designed for office use. They tend to be quite slim (like the one in your picture), and would significantly reduce the scope for graphics card upgrades. Most half decent gaming graphics cards wouldn't fit, so buying it and replacing the graphics card isn't much of an option either.

Reactions: Zoid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts