Noob in PC need help purchasing laptop 800~1000€

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Hello !

Budget : 800~1000€
Size : 15.6 inch or more
Screen resolution : 1920x1080 (or more ? Idk)
I dont have a main desktop pc
Dont care about battery life, I will play plugged
I would like to play primerily some AOE4, WOW, LOL all in ultra and some AAA high if possible or Medium/High
I dont know how much storage I need, 500go is good ?
I seen some promos on cdiscount but I will take all sites to buy from
I dont have a good knowledge of gaming PC so I trust you on brands
I live in France

Thanks in advance if you are taking time for helping me.
Also, can you please explain to me your choice ?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello !

Budget : 800~1000€
Size : 15.6 inch or more
Screen resolution : 1920x1080 (or more ? Idk)
I dont have a main desktop pc
Dont care about battery life, I will play plugged
I would like to play primerily some AOE4, WOW, LOL all in ultra and some AAA high if possible or Medium/High
I dont know how much storage I need, 500go is good ?
I seen some promos on cdiscount but I will take all sites to buy from
I dont have a good knowledge of gaming PC so I trust you on brands
I live in France

Thanks in advance if you are taking time for helping me.
Also, can you please explain to me your choice ?

There are plenty of companies selling gaming laptops but the fun bit is making sure their specs meet the games requirements. So for AOE4 it is suggested that an Intel i5-8400 (or i7-9700) with 16Gb of memory running a 4gGB GTX970 (or 8 GB 2070) with 50 Gb of storage.

See

Age of Empires 4 PC performance report - Graphics card benchmarks (game-debate.com)

aoe4 gaming specs - Search (bing.com)

If you look at

The Latest Laptop Deals | 5 Year Warranty & Free UK Delivery | Cyberpower UK (cyberpowersystem.co.uk)

there are examples that appear to be able to run AOE4. Seem to be close to £1000. You need to look at the other games to make sure they should run smoothly (at least 99.9% of the time). According to my search LOL & WOW will require another 22GB of hard disk. So 500 sounds ok providing you are not using anything else - personally I would get the best tech and largest disk I can afford - I don't like swopping bits out of computers at a later date.

Hopefully others will come up with more useful advice. Good luck with your hunting.

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
There are plenty of companies selling gaming laptops but the fun bit is making sure their specs meet the games requirements. So for AOE4 it is suggested that an Intel i5-8400 (or i7-9700) with 16Gb of memory running a 4gGB GTX970 (or 8 GB 2070) with 50 Gb of storage.

See

Age of Empires 4 PC performance report - Graphics card benchmarks (game-debate.com)

aoe4 gaming specs - Search (bing.com)

If you look at

The Latest Laptop Deals | 5 Year Warranty & Free UK Delivery | Cyberpower UK (cyberpowersystem.co.uk)

there are examples that appear to be able to run AOE4. Seem to be close to £1000. You need to look at the other games to make sure they should run smoothly (at least 99.9% of the time). According to my search LOL & WOW will require another 22GB of hard disk. So 500 sounds ok providing you are not using anything else - personally I would get the best tech and largest disk I can afford - I don't like swopping bits out of computers at a later date.

Hopefully others will come up with more useful advice. Good luck with your hunting.

Thanks you very much !
I will look the requirements for some games like God of War, Red Dead 2 etc to see what they needs :)

Someone suggest me this laptop :

There is an offer where he is at 899€ ! It seem pretty good, cause he have a RTX 3060 (wich is very good ?)
It seem to match the requirements for aoe4 wow and lol (I will see for others bigger games)

And on the link you share me there is the :
MSI KATANA GF66 11UE
With i7-11800H CPU
16GB DDR4
RTX 3060

Because he have i7 he is better than the HP VICTUS 16 ?

Last edited:
On Tom's Hardware there are test they undertake on all sorts of computer kit. So for the graphics card

Best Graphics Cards 2022 - Top Gaming GPUs for the Money | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

So the RTX 3060 comes in at a reasonable rate. There is general agreement amongst scientists that most of us can only process 30 to 60 frames per second though there are a "lucky" few who can go above this limit.

The HP machine has Intel i5-11400H CPU compared to the i7-11800H. The both came out in 2021 with the i7 having more threads and a larger processor memory cache. Much of the rest looks similar.

I stress I am no expert but I have shown you how I would approach buying a new PC trying to use your requirements as a basis. Hopefully other forum members can add or correct my advice.

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
On Tom's Hardware there are test they undertake on all sorts of computer kit. So for the graphics card

Best Graphics Cards 2022 - Top Gaming GPUs for the Money | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

So the RTX 3060 comes in at a reasonable rate. There is general agreement amongst scientists that most of us can only process 30 to 60 frames per second though there are a "lucky" few who can go above this limit.

The HP machine has Intel i5-11400H CPU compared to the i7-11800H. The both came out in 2021 with the i7 having more threads and a larger processor memory cache. Much of the rest looks similar.

I stress I am no expert but I have shown you how I would approach buying a new PC trying to use your requirements as a basis. Hopefully other forum members can add or correct my advice.

Alright, thank you very much for enlightening me ! 😁

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
I learn about M-ATX, other than the fact we need a screen, this would be a better alternative ?
Does a M-ATX is better quality/price wise ?

M-ATX is for desktop computers, not laptop.

You would have to get someone to make one or make it yourself... 2nd option easier if you have a friend who has done it before.

You getting more replies here than on your 2 posts on Tom's Hardware. I wouldn't make a 3rd there (again) as someone will/might reply eventually. Hopefully it won't contradict answers here.

TRENDING THREADS