Question New pc build doesnt feel new.

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
I recently build a new pc (first one ever) and its been having some problems. When I put the computer to sleep it takes a very long time loading up before I can log in. The other issue is, it recently started crashing when I play certain... games. All in all, it's all new parts, but it feels like its not running smoothly. I had a pre-built one from bestbuy that had lower end parts, but never had any issues.

What my PC is equipped with:

Motherboard - Asus Z390-A (equipped with optane memory)

Cpu - Intel i9-9900k
Graphics card - Evga 2080 super fw3
Cooler Master liquid cooler - dual fans
Corsair power supply - 700 gold
RAM - Trident Gskill - 32gb
1TB of memory
There's also like 6 fans inside my tower.

I admit, I'm still a bit new to this stuff. So maybe I did something wrong during the setup?

What's the detailed spec of the system (e.g. RAM, storage, case, PSU, CPU cooler, etc)?

What happens when it crashes in games? The game just closes but the PC keeps running? The PC restarts? What happens, in detail?

Any other issues?

Have you monitored CPU and GPU temperatures with something like HWinfo?

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
What's the detailed spec of the system (e.g. RAM, storage, case, PSU, CPU cooler, etc)?

What happens when it crashes in games? The game just closes but the PC keeps running? The PC restarts? What happens, in detail?

Any other issues?

Have you monitored CPU and GPU temperatures with something like HWinfo?

CPU cooler- cooler master ML240, TR4 edition. Fan speed is 650-2000 RPM (PWM)

PC case- Thermaltake View 71
Storage- WD Green- 1TB. Currently 393gb free.
RAM- Gskill, TridentZ- F4-3200C14D- Intel XMP 2.0 ready, speed test- 3200mhz.

PSU- corsair 750, 80 plus gold, full modular, RMx series RM750x.

Graphics card- evga 2080 super
Motherboard- asus z390-A. prime.

When the games crash, it closes the game and restarts the computer. It usually resets my rgb lights to its default settings, my mouse rgb light will sometimes not turn on or will be set to default. Not sure if that's an issue, but that's what usually happens.

Overall... I don't know. I just feel like my old pre-built pc ran way smoother with lower end parts in the system. Which by the way.. ran all the same graphic settings in the games just like my current one.

TRENDING THREADS