Question New gaming pc no signal to monitor

Dec 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi all.
I'm very new to the gaming pc thing and for Christmas I bought my son a full set up dell monitor and gaming pc (pre built) both brand new. I went to set it up for him and to start with the pc would turn on for a second then go off again and so on. But I think there was a loose cable inside the machine because I pushed it in properly and the pc seemed to start up normally afterward. I connected it to the monitor via the vga cable? But the monitor just said no signal going into sleep mode. I then tried it on a TV with the same cable and the same happened so I then tried it with a hdmi cable to the TV again no signal. So I'm a bit stumped at the moment as what to do now as I don't know a lot about inner workings of a pc. I expected a plug and play type of thing.

I hope someone on here might me able to help me out with this as my son us gutted that he can't play with his new pc. And I can't get anyone in to look at it at the moment because I unfortunately have covid.
Thankyou in advance to anyone who may be able to guide me to get this working

Dec 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi thankyou for replying. I purchased the pc, monitor. Keyboard mouse and everything as a bundle deal so I would assume it should all be compatible. I would be interested to see the video you used how to I watch it from here as I can't see a link for it?
Kind regards and merry Christmas

I would be interested to see the video you used how to I watch it from here as I can't see a link for it
The post you replied to is gone, so must have been a spammer spamming a video—we get that all the time.

Can you post a link to the Dell bundle you got?

Did you get an instruction manual or Quick Start Guide in the box? Or maybe a link to an online manual, probably in one of the order confirmation emails from Dell?

A TV can need configuring to 'Game' or 'PC' mode via its own control menu, but a monitor should be ready to go as far as I know. But you need some sort of manual or guide to know what's what with your particular components.

Dec 25, 2021
Visit site
The pc itself isn't actually a dell it's called a CIT Tornado. The monitor is a dell. I didnt get any instructions or links to it at all which made me think you just plug and play almost. I have taken a picture of the box is there a way I can post a picture of it on here fpr you all to see it?

If you're using an HDMI cable to connect the monitor to your PC, make sure it's connected to the actual display port on the PC's graphics card.

Graphics card:
IPAyqdk.jpg

Graphics card HDMI display port:
II7sJPt.jpg

TRENDING THREADS