Question Need help choosing a case and PSU

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I have recently started to plan a custom PC build. I have chosen main parts, just trying to figure out what PSU and case to choose for the build I have. The parts I have selected are following:

Core i5 10600k
AMD RX 5700-XT
Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS

I know I should opt for at least 600W PSU, but would anyone be able to suggest a reliable one? (And not too pricey as I have a certain budget I want to stick to)
I wish to incorporate a liquid cooling with this system, so I would welcome any suggestions regarding these 3 - PSU, CASE, COOLING. Any suggestions regarding the build are also welcome (Maybe I didn't realize something won't work together)

I'd be tempted by 3600MHz CL 16 RAM - if spending that much on the platform already.

As for the cooling, I assume you'll be overclocking the 10600k.

You'll want to choose the case and the cooler together to make sure they actually fit. Any particular aesthetic you are going for, or are desperate to avoid?

Also, what RX 5700 XT model are you going for?

What country and currency are you shopping in?

As for budget I'll assume you're going for things that are in line with your current part selection i.e. not budget but not outrageously expensive either.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
I'd be tempted by 3600MHz CL 16 RAM - if spending that much on the platform already.

As for the cooling, I assume you'll be overclocking the 10600k.

You'll want to choose the case and the cooler together to make sure they actually fit. Any particular aesthetic you are going for, or are desperate to avoid?

Also, what RX 5700 XT model are you going for?

What country and currency are you shopping in?

As for budget I'll assume you're going for things that are in line with your current part selection i.e. not budget but not outrageously expensive either.

Hello, thank you for response. I’ll look into the RAM a bit more then. And yes I will most probably be over clocking the CPU as it has a quite good room for that. I live in UK so pricing and everything is a bit different here, as you guessed I’m not too stingy on the budget, but don’t want to go for most expensive stuff either. Could you maybe suggest a company or provider where I could get the whole set for case and cooling?

There are of course a lot of alternatives but at least as a starting point:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor (£248.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£77.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (£164.98 @ Box Limited)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3466 CL16 Memory (£80.40 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£101.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Toshiba P300 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£51.00 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card (£393.48 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.03 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£79.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1277.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-12 14:05 BST+0100

What monitor are you gaming on? What resolution and refresh rate? If you've yet to buy one what's the budget for the monitor?

Reactions: Frindis
Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
Wow thank you for such detailed info. I’m still to choose the monitor as I wanted to set up the pc first. But definitely thank you for all the details. For a monitor I would probably be looking at around £500. Because right now I’m using a laptop for my needs and wish to upgrade

Reactions: Frindis
£500 is a solid budget for a monitor, and will let you get something that's a good match for the spec. Something that's 1440p, 144hz, and has some form of adaptive sync (freesync)

There are loads of options but this is a good one to look at: