Question What part should I upgrade next to get the most out of my PC?

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
My PC has been pretty good aside from a few problems. (Probably due to the fact that I don't have much knowledge and just watched videos and figured the building process out on my own.)

Motherboard: Gigabyte b450M DS3H
- I bought this for cheap to start my build. bought a tomahawk Max when i wanted to upgrade, but for some reason it would shut my pc off randomly and then eventually wouldn't turn on at all. so I put the Gigabyte back in with no issues.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU: AMD RX 5700-XT

SSD: 970 Evo Plus PCIe 1TB

HDD: Barracuda 2TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB

I'd like to know what parts should be upgraded, if any, to have a better PC. On UserBenchmark, It says my pc is "performing below expectations" in the 34th percentile. I have no background apps or sites open when its running the tests. All of the parts are running well, but the PC overall isn't. And if anyone happens to know why the better motherboard is shorting out randomly, that would be nice to know. Might be user error or I had something plugged in wrong?
All thoughts are welcome :)

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
If you only want 1 upgrade I would do CPU since your mb can run the newest AMD CPU with just a BIOS update

rest looks okay apart from that, GPU would be expensive to replace.
Thanks for the input. What type of CPU would you recommend? Would I be able to use the Ryzen 7 5800x with the simple bios update? And will I need to upgrade this board soon? It was pretty cheap and figured it wouldn’t last long.

I can find people using similar boards using same CPU
its listed on the support site. You might want to make sure its got good cooling around it.

Next gen AMD CPU most likely won't use the same socket so will need all new MB/CPU/RAM next time.

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
I can find people using similar boards using same CPU
its listed on the support site. You might want to make sure its got good cooling around it.

Next gen AMD CPU most likely won't use the same socket so will need all new MB/CPU/RAM next time.
Awesome! Thanks

TRENDING THREADS