Solved Need advice for PC crashing after upgrades.

Sep 7, 2023
Visit site
I recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 7700, which also meant upgrading my motherboard and RAM to a TUF B650 motherboard and Corsair Dominator Platinums respectively.
I had frequent problems on start-up but mostly resolved by updating relevant drivers. However, I am still experiencing the odd unresponsive application but have now run out of ideas on what to update/install to fix this.
These issues are most visible when I tried to run games. The only game I have tested so far is Overwatch 2, in which I cannot complete a full match before the game crashes and closes, despite it running pretty well up until that point. The last few times this happened, an error message tells me the graphics device timed-out and ‘has been lost’, but the Radeon Adrenalin software shows no abnormalities.
Also, temperature readings for the CPU are fine but the CPU Package occasionally fluctuates, though never into dangerous temperatures.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

We need more info to help you. Please follow these instructions:

Of particular interest are:
Exact make & model of your Power Supply;
Motherboard;
Case & cooling parts;

Graphics card;
Monitor model & Hz;
Resolution you're running at;
What graphic settings level have you enabled?

Are all drivers & BIOS up to date?

Sep 7, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

We need more info to help you. Please follow these instructions:

Of particular interest are:
Exact make & model of your Power Supply;
Motherboard;
Case & cooling parts;

Graphics card;
Monitor model & Hz;
Resolution you're running at;
What graphic settings level have you enabled?

Are all drivers & BIOS up to date?
PSU is a Corsair RM 750x (pretty sure)
Motherboard is an ASUS TUF B650 PLUS WI-FI
The case is an MSI Cooler Master
I don’t know the exact cooling parts but I have three case fans and one Corsair CPU fan
GPU is an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Monitor is a BENQ model (144 Hz I think)
Resolution is presumably standard 1920x1080 but not sure
I’m not sure what graphic settings level is enabled

To my knowledge, all drivers are up to date. I’m not sure how to check for updates for the BIOS, but naively, I would have thought that an out-of-date BIOS would cause larger problems.

Hopefully that is adequate information.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 6, 2023
Visit site
I recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 7700, which also meant upgrading my motherboard and RAM to a TUF B650 motherboard and Corsair Dominator Platinums respectively.
I had frequent problems on start-up but mostly resolved by updating relevant drivers. However, I am still experiencing the odd unresponsive application but have now run out of ideas on what to update/install to fix this.
These issues are most visible when I tried to run games. The only game I have tested so far is Overwatch 2, in which I cannot complete a full match before the game crashes and closes, despite it running pretty well up until that point. The last few times this happened, an error message tells me the graphics device timed-out and ‘has been lost’, but the Radeon Adrenalin software shows no abnormalities.
Also, temperature readings for the CPU are fine but the CPU Package occasionally fluctuates, though never into dangerous temperatures.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Where do you find the temperature reading for the computer?

TRENDING THREADS