My First Gaming PC Rig

May 23, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54, 64-bit Windos 10 OS, Intel i5-9300H cpu @ 2.40GHz, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 3GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 GDDR5 gpu Laptop.

My goal is to connect my laptop to 3 tv monitors, thru hdmi of-course and have my laptop extended its display over the 3 tv monitors and itself.

I've done some looking already. With my laptop, Im thinking I can purchase 3 usb3.0 to hdmi video display adapter and a 10 port usb3.0 hub, (I'm giving myself so room for expansion by purchasing a 10 port usb hub) and it should work.

I'm not totally sure about what feature technology i need on my NVidia Geforce GTX 1050 , but I have seen a video dating back to 2015
3 Monitor Setup Video
Explaining about triple monitor setup. The video talks about the 'Surround' technology by NVidia.

I'm making a visual diagram of my setup and can send it to you if you'd like to see it. (its a .doc file)

In summary, I want to extend my laptop display over to 3 tv monitors thru usb3.0-to-hdmi video display adapters by connecting each tv monitor to a usb3.0-to-hdmi adapter, then connect each usb3.0-to-hdmi video display adapter to a 10-port usb3.0 hub, and then connect 10-port usb3.0 hub to my laptop thru 1 usb3.0 cable.

As far as for my tv monitors you can view the specs for each tv monitor i have so far
TV Monitor 1
TV Monitor 2

Here's a link to my GPU card specs
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 3GB

Found this link from best buy which is who I bought it from
My Laptop

Here is the usb3.0-to-hdmi video display adapter I'm thinking of buying
usb3.0-to-hdmi video display adapter

Here is the 10-port usb3.0 hub I'm thinking about buy
10-port usb3.0 hub
hey

Here is the spec to my cpu
Intel i5-9300H

usb3 to hdmi video display adapter
usb3 to hdmi video display adapters

Here is my motherboard specs

Motherboard
Manufacturer CFL
Model Octavia_CFS (U3E1)
Version V1.01
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model ID3E10
Chipset Revision 07
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model IDA30D
Southbridge Revision 10
BIOS
Brand Insyde Corp.
Version V1.01
Date 3/6/2019
PCI Data

Here are some specs on my ram i have

RAM
Memory
Size 8042 MBytes
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 91 %
Total Physical 7.85 GB
Available Physical 657 MB
Total Virtual 18 GB
Available Virtual 6.00 GB
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 0

Thank you

joeh2os06

If you mean you're going to game on 3 monitors, which is what Nvidia surround is, you will need a tremendous amount of GPU horsepower to do that for many modern titles. You 1050 isn't going to cut it in a lot of instances, though ofc depends on the games you play.

Also, your USB hub plan doesn't seem likely to work? Since you're trying to run 3 monitors at 1080p over the bandwidth of 1 USB 3 connector.

The GTX 1050 may only be able to support 3 monitors total (including the laptop screen). That's generally the limit for the desktop one anyway.

TRENDING THREADS