My Epic Games account was linked to an EA account that is not mine

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Hello, An unknown EA account was linked to my Epic Games account (I don't recognize this account and don't know how it got linked). When I contacted Epic Games, they told me they couldn't unlink the EA account and that I needed to reach out to EA support. When I contacted EA support, they refused to unlink the account because I couldn't verify the ownership of this account (which is understandable). Even though I explained that the Epic Games account is mine and that I have another EA account with the same email address, they still refused. What can I do to resolve this issue? I can't purchase games on Epic Games anymore.

From what I can gather Epic can't resolve this for you, you will need to convince EA that the Epic account is yours but the EA account isn't and ask them to unlink the two.

Why can't you purchase games on Epic any more? As far as I'm aware the linked EA account is only used for EA games and shouldn't have an impact on buying games on Epic.

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
From what I can gather Epic can't resolve this for you, you will need to convince EA that the Epic account is yours but the EA account isn't and ask them to unlink the two.

Why can't you purchase games on Epic any more? As far as I'm aware the linked EA account is only used for EA games and shouldn't have an impact on buying games on Epic.
I proved that the Epic account belongs to me and that I have an EA account with the same email address as my Epic Games email address, which I can also verify. However, they didn't care. The reason I can't play games through Epic Games is that the EA games I purchased from Epic Games open in EA Play and are downloaded from there. I'm worried the owner of the account might be able to do something

I proved that the Epic account belongs to me and that I have an EA account with the same email address as my Epic Games email address, which I can also verify. However, they didn't care. The reason I can't play games through Epic Games is that the EA games I purchased from Epic Games open in EA Play and are downloaded from there. I'm worried the owner of the account might be able to do something

I don't think the other person can do anything, but I'm not sure. I don't think you have any other choice than to try to reach out to EA again and hope you get someone more helpful assigned to you.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Companies usually respond promptly when a lawyer gets involved. For a relatively small fee you might be able to ask a lawyer to send a brief note on headed notepaper asking why they are being obstructive.
In my country, there is no representative for either Epic Games or EA Games. How can I proceed with this?

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Another possibility is to locate where some company people participate or monitor. Reddit or EA forums or Epic… does Epic have anything customer-facing, maybe a FB page.

Those are the most likely places to find others who've suffered the same fate in the past, and hopefully solved the issue.
I've searched through forums, Reddit, and the EA community, but I haven't come across anyone who has faced a similar issue before. I've tried contacting EA Games and Epic Games support again, but to no avail; none of them are being helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts