My (Current) Game's Music Thread

Maybe this will or will not work. Dunno. But I thought I would give it a try. A thread to discuss the music in the game(s) you are currently playing.

I'll start with Forza Horizon 5. It's well known that music grows on you over time, and that's definitely been the case for me with Forza's XS radio station (they have a bunch of different ones). XS is basically the rock station, but it's more pop than anything. The music is very eclectic. I don't know where the devs find all this stuff. For instance, there are a couple of Foo Fighters songs, but then there's also this:

Those two, who seem to be working some sort of anniversary party, could be wildly famous for all I know, but I'd definitely never heard of them.

So let's hear about the music in the games you are currently playing.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Last edited:
As far as I know there are around 250 tracks in the Far Cry 5 + DLC collection.

Some of the cult songs by Hammock are great, eg Oh the Bliss and Keep Your Rifle by Your Side—who wouldn't want to join after hearing those?

There is a whole slew of old-time classics playing on random radios from the likes of:
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Bo Diddley
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Duane Eddy
Howlin' Wolf
Lee Dorsey
Marvin Gaye
T. Rex
The Clash
The Drifters
The Platters
Vera Lynn

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW5kcUUu2Ac

From my limited experience, FC5 is second only to Command & Conquer in terms of soundtrack quality.

I reinstalled my Mafia III, as it's a GOG version and got a new update since I played it last. Last time I had some nasty graphical artifacts, but so far so good. I was also able to reinstall the excellent ReShade Color Correction and Blur Removal mod by NyClix, this time using the latest 5.4 version of ReShade, vs the 3.0.1 version it was made for. It not only installed with no errors, this new version of ReShade also allows you to install the mod configs with a quick browse and click.

Now to the thread topic. This game has a ton of great classic rock songs, which also really fit the setting and the Vietnam vet protagonist. I'd show some videos of it but the cutscenes and dialog in the game have a lot of racial slurs, which are on the one hand realistic of the late 60's in the southern US, but considered by most very offensive today (for good reason).

Last edited:
I reinstalled my Mafia III, as it's a GOG version and got a new update since I played it last. Last time I had some nasty graphical artifacts, but so far so good. I was also able to reinstall the excellent ReShade Color Correction and Blur Removal mod by NyClix, this time using the latest 5.4 version of ReShade, vs the 3.0.1 version it was made for. It not only installed with no errors, this new version of ReShade also allows you to install the mod configs with a quick browse and click.

Now to the thread topic. This game has a ton of great classic rock songs, which also really fit the setting and the Vietnam vet protagonist. I'd show some videos of it but the cutscenes and dialog in the game have a lot of racial slurs, which are on the one hand realistic to late the 60's in the southern US, but consider by most very offensive today.

yeah Mafia 3 despite being a somewhat mediocre game nailed the setting and feel of the 60's well and there were some cracking licensed music that i did grab into my youtube music collection.

no specific soundtracks i still listen to a couple as i do some drawing/work . One noticeable point is that i seem to be listening to a lot of Megacd game soundtracks. Mainly batman Returns heres a taster:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRAmp4uCrWA&list=PLEAC96B9F8BAD9562&index=1

Of course kyoto connection

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4iT5lDGDg&t=1694s

yeah Mafia 3 despite being a somewhat mediocre game nailed the setting and feel of the 60's well and there were some cracking licensed music that i did grab into my youtube music collection.
After playing it quite a bit more, I was reminded of a huge flaw in the game. The AI are completely mind hive in a totally harmless way. Once you're spotted by one of them, they will all search one at a time and always go to the exact spot you were spotted, meaning you can easily take cover and just do an auto takedown when they're near. Works the same way with Whistling. Wire Tapping and Intel View are other ridiculously easy ways to deal with AI, even being able to see them through walls.

Therefore, and I'd forgotten this, the only way to play the game with an appropriate level of challenge is to not use Whistling, Intel View, or Wire Tapping. However this presents another problem. You're more likely to get spotted that way, which takes you right back to that braindead one AI at a time searching the same spot you were when spotted. I solve that by moving to another spot if I'm noticed. I can't believe anyone making a sequel to such a well received franchise would make AI this bad.

Sorry for going off topic. Back to the thread, another game I like the background music of, though mainly the ambient music, is Resident Evil 4. Really good stuff that added to the immersion.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
Reactions: mainer

ToxicOffender

BANNED
Sep 5, 2022
Visit site

Yes...it´s old...but GOLD! And yes, i am playing it this moment actually.

Lovely! And of course this title is best played in VR!

Besides the whole game being great, i occiasonly tend to get stuck in the title menu for minutes with listening to it´s title-music.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS