Question My computer will not boot after installing new motherboard

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Just installed a new motherboard, CPU and RAM in my computer, and now it will not boot windows. i have been searching the internet and everywhere people are sugesting to check the "UEFI hard disk drive BBS Priorities". However i can't find out where to do it. I have seen screenshots on the MSI website where to find it. However, the option isn't there for me.

The SSD with the OS is visible in BIOS. I have also tried to press F11, the MSI website said i should be able to choose device there. However, I only had the option to open setup.

This is the link to the MSI webpage:

[https://www.msi.com/support/technic...m/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_OS_Entry)

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 X

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Did you happen to flash the bios to the latest version? I've also seen a few entries with this motherboard where people were having problems booting. Some reinstalled windows, others were able to get it to respond after a few restarts.

Reactions: Lamagri
Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Did you happen to flash the bios to the latest version? I've also seen a few entries with this motherboard where people were having problems booting. Some reinstalled windows, others were able to get it to respond after a few restarts.
What do you mean when you say: flash the bios to the same version? (It has been a few years since i was thinkering with my computer)

And how would i go about re-instaling windows?

TRENDING THREADS