Movies hard to find

We're currently discussing physical media and title preservation elsewhere, and I tripped over these two videos about hard-to-find movies which never made it to digital—so if you have/get one, could be a collector's item.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKcUslKFs3w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LspqUsnfibo

A Fistful of Fingers 1995
Begotten 1989
C***sucker Blues 1972
Cocoon
Crossroads
Dawn of the Dead
Dead Solid Perfect 1988
I was a teenage werewolf 1957
John Woo
Last Summer 1969
Let It Be 1970
Little Darlings 1980
Looking for Mr Goodbar
Looking for Mr. Goodbar 1977
Mondo trasho 1969
Naked Tango 1991
Nocturna: Grandaughter of Dracula 1979
Nothing Lasts Forever 1984
Showtime
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Song of the South 1946
Star Wars trilogy—original, unaltered (1977-83)
Strange Days
Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story 1987
The Blood of Heroes
The Day the Clown Cried 1972
The Devils 1971
The Heartbreak Kid
The Keep 1983
Wired 1989

Reactions: Frindis and Alm
There is a project to recreate the original Star Wars how it was before all the silly edits. (reminds me of removing dust from art works to show the original artwork, free of blemishes)
I saw a video on it a while ago but I can't find right search terms to find it now. I don't think it was this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition
Expect Disney doesn't want people remembering things used to be GOOD and fun to watch...

I hate how Youtube shows watch history now... one long page... It deters you looking at all. Similar happens on these forums, don't bother looking for posts under your profile. Why do people follow googles style choices?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I have the original trilogy of Star Wars on DVD with the theatrical versions on disc. Unfortunately I didn't keep them factory sealed.
Well I should hope not! I'm sure you could still sell them for a nice sum... but then you couldn't watch them! Leave'm to somebody in your will.

I got them on video tape when the SciFi channel showed all three. I don't think there were advertisements, either. I recorded in SLP and it was a long time ago, so I expect the quality is really terrible by now.

The only thing I really miss from the originals is the closing song from Return of the Jedi. Oh, and seeing Vader's eyebrows in the first movie when he is getting his ship under control! The whole 'who shot first' thing is fun to argue about, but honestly, I don't care either way.

Oct 5, 2023
Visit site
That's quite the treasure hunt! It's like assembling the Avengers of hard-to-find films. May the force be with you on your quest for the unaltered Star Wars trilogy and the elusive Day the Clown Cried – those are cinematic legends waiting to be unearthed!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Didn't notice this post before. I got a few John Woo movies on DVD. A buddy of mine had the killer, hardboiled and A Better Tomorrow on VHS. Action movie masterpieces. It's hard to pick which is the best, but A Better Tomorrow for me might be the best. Just the themes about family and friends and who ya can know in life hit a spot with me.

Also The Day The Clown Cried is impossible to get. Jerry Lewis supposedly had the only copy and showed it a few times and never released it. If someone found a reel for that it would be like winning on a lotto ticket.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS