Monster Energy Supercross 4 Video Walkthrough on Realistic (450)

This will be my final walkthrough of this game. I'm doing something I've never done before with this one. Since things were going pretty well early on, I decided to not only go back to giving the AI head starts, but to give them 10 sec on every race, including every Triple Crown race. This means the 6 races in the 2 Triple Crown rounds, being only 4 min long, will have less laps to make up that 10 sec. I also made this decision before racing the harder tracks, which starts with the Round 4 Triple Crown at Glendale.

I'm also going back to my previous release format of posting only two rounds at a time, but I will tell you I've completed FAR more than that. So at this point I'm going to ask, no INSIST, that if you choose to peruse my channel, PLEASE DO NOT reveal how many races are completed or the results!!! I thank you in advance for practicing discretion on this matter. I will also give no spoilers.

As before, I included enough of the intro on the first round so if you pause the video and rewind it to the start, you can see the difficulty mode, which I only do on the first round. Once again, I chose the tried and true Chaparral Honda Race Team to ride for.

Round 1 Anaheim 1

This track is relatively easy and just requires consistently hitting your marks and minimizing mistakes. It is also a pretty wide track and doesn't have any narrow sections with deep sand and tight turns, so avoiding AI isn't too hard.

Round 2 St Louis

This track steps up the challenge slightly from Round 1 with some sections that are slightly narrower and more congested, and a couple tricky rhythm sections. One has large med jumps with semi steep faces that can really slow you down if not hit right. The other requires a bit of a tough triple jump to an on/off on a tabletop out of a 180 left berm.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Here's rounds 3 and 4, back to Anaheim for the Anaheim 2 track, and then to Arlington for a Triple Crown.

Round 3 Anaheim 2

This track is both easy in ways, yet difficult in sections. It has whoops that seem normal, but are just irregular enough to bounce you up high and slow you down. It also has a short rhythm section that needs be cleared well to avoid getting hung up on AI the first few laps, and it must be exited carefully to set up for a big air triple. Lastly, that nasty dragon's back drop before the finish line has to be taken very seriously.

Round 4 Glendale

This I would say is legitimately the first hard track to race, all the more so with my selecting Short race length, as it means less laps to make up the 10 sec deficit. Other than that it has a few sections that can be tough to ride consistently well. There's a triple you must hit off a 180 left berm to get enough speed up to make the big air triple afterward, a jump leading into a deep sand left bend that you can bog down in if you don't land just right, and a particularly nasty rhythm section with two tabletops that must be taken with good flow. The two tabletop rhythm section especially is very important, as the AI take it consistently well. This is also a Triple Crown, which has both good and bad connotations. It's good in that not one race makes or breaks you, as your points for all 3 are combined. It's bad in that it still takes that aforementioned consistency, in fact, all the more so if you want enough points to win the round.

OK, time for rounds 5 and 6, Oakland, and San Diego. These are two of the hardest tracks to race.

Oakland

A very technical track, mostly due to a tricky subtle jump that must be made to a small wedge shaped tabletop where you must make a sharp right, and a rhythm section that bends dogleg right with another wedged shaped tabletop at the bend. These sections come just before and after the whoop section. This track is all the harder to race with a 10 sec head start given to the AI, because it usually allows one of them to get off the front a bit, and it's a VERY hard track to catch up on.

San Diego

As I've said before, I call this one the Sand Monster. This is another very hard track, not so much due to technical features as with Oakland, but due to the sand making it hard to land certain jumps. The main one that can be a problem is hitting a triple out of the split track 180 left, which comes just after the whoop sections. As with Oakland, it's all the harder with a 10 sec AI head start, because one of the AI usually gets off the front a bit, and like Oakland, it's hard to catch up when that happens.

Here's rounds 7 and 8, Tampa, and another Triple Crown at Arlington. These two rounds I would also categorize as two of the toughest, especially with a 10 sec AI head start.

Round 7 Tampa

This track, once again, is mostly about consistently nailing the first jumps in the 3rd and 4th rhythm sections. Those before were always subtle, small double jumps. However it IS possible to land a triple to an on/off on a tabletop at the start of the 4th rhythm section if you hit the 90 right corner going into it just right, and no AI are in your way. However you cannot take the split track deep sand section for granted, especially since it has a sharp hairpin left exiting it.

Round 8 Arlington

This track is easier than the Glendale Triple Crown track, but it's quite a bit shorter at 6 vs 5 laps. At roughly 20 sec less per lap though it's about 45 sec LESS time per race. This makes it actually tougher than Glendale when racing with a 10 sec AI head start. It can result in a reset, but there's a particularly difficult jump trick you can do just before the finish line that can result in catching and passing lots of AI, making it even more difficult than Glendale given the challenge.

And here we have rounds 9 and 10, Atlanta, and Daytona. These were a nice change of pace for me, because they are two of the easier tracks.

Atlanta

There's really only two mildly tricky parts to this track. There's a track marshal that stands beside and slightly out in front of the apex pole on the left turn drop down after the whoops. If you get too close to him, he will cry foul for trying to do a fly by and you'll get reset. I find it strange he realizes he needs to wear a full face helmet to stand there, yet there he is. The other spot is the split track section where you take a left after the finish line jump, which at times can be hard to nail consistently.

Daytona

This track really only has one tricky part to nail, which is the shorter, faster right lane of the 2nd split track section. I used to struggle at times with the 1st split track section too, but I show a way to better handle it, as well as a better way of riding the tabletops just after, the latter of which I didn't perfect until the 3rd lap. BTW, I found out the 1st split track section is commonly ridden this way in both mp and sp play. This track has now become a joy vs a dread because of these revelations.

Time for rounds 11 and 12, both at Salt Lake, as are the rest of the rounds. Round 11 is fairly easy, Round 12 noticeably harder.

Round 11 Salt Lake

It's not too hard to outdo the AI on this track, especially if you hit as many triples as you can in the first two sections. Some of them are a bit tough to pull off consistently though.

Round 12 Salt Lake

The AI are a bit tougher to compete with on this track vs Round 11, plus the 2nd rhythm section can be tricky to nail consistently. The total race time is close to 20 sec less than Round 11 as well due to it being 7 vs 8 laps and not much longer laps, so it's harder to catch the lead rider with a 10 sec AI head start.

Sorry for the delay, I was posting once a week, but got distracted playing TLoU Part I and forgot!

OK, after dusting off the old brain, I now have rounds 13 and 14 to show you, which are both at Salt Lake.

Round 13 Salt Lake

Similar to Round 12, this track has some challenging sections that are hard to nail consistently, with an AI that usually gets off the front and is hard to catch. Where this one is different is it's rhythm sections when hit well can allow for lots of big air triples.

Round 14 Salt Lake

This is a fairly fast and easy track to ride, but you have to be careful not to get tangled up when passing AI. It's especially important to get the most out of the whoops and the turn thereafter.

Oops, forgot to put up rounds 15 and 16 last week. I think I may have been distracted with TLoU Part I again.

Round 15 Salt Lake

I used to call this track "The Long Way Home" due to how I used to ride the section after the finish line jump. It turns out after timing runs for the section after it that taking the time to set up a long run up for it to hit a triple wasn't quite as fast as just doubling through it.

What really made me MUCH faster on this track though was finding that if I land a subtle double well at the start of the section before the whoops, the triple triple/triple combo it makes possible allows me to easily catch the AI. This may not be possible for me on the 250 though.

Round 16 Salt Lake

A slightly easier version of the round 15 track that trades triples for doubles in the rhythm sections, but adds a big air triple before the finish line jump, which I enjoy scrubbing. The finish line jump is also a bit different.

Sorry about yet another delay, as it's been 2 weeks instead of 1 since I posted the last 2 rounds. This time it was Far Cry 6 I got side tracked by. This is the final round, so only 1 round instead of 2 this time.

Salt Lake Round 17

I used to call this one the Geritol Track, because the layout made it feel like you couldn't go very fast. The best I'd done prior in the 450 class on this track was finishing with a roughly 3 sec lead, but that was with an even start and Medium AI. So I worried I might not be able to even podium on Realistic with a 10 sec AI head start.

After several attempts, I found I needed to make some adjustments to increase speed and consistency. The first was with the long rhythm section with 2 tabletops. I took to doing a long bounce jump after the 2 tabletops, vs doubling all the way through. This felt a bit faster, but also enabled me to exit the section better, which helped to nail the big air triple after the 90 right faster and more consistently.

Cleaning the big air triple consistently also helped to take the big 180 right berm after it fast enough to clear the small to med double jump after it, but I also focused on landing the double jump after the 90 left into the whoop section well, to give me good speed through the whoops.

The 3rd adjustment was taking the 180 left into the finish line jump after the whoops at it's apex. Although the speed is slow here, and it seems like a small advantage, since most of the AI go deep into the 180 left berm after the whoops, it ends up being one of the best places to pass them.

I'm currently struggling to get through Supercross 5 on Realistic. It's easily the most poorly scripted ME Supercross game yet where AI are concerned. They are very inconsistent, being 10 sec or more slower on some tracks, yet hard as hell to even podium on other tracks.

It's also from the 2020 season, which was the peak of COVID, so there are even less venues than Supercross 4 has. If I manage to even beat it on the 450 class, which is what I'm doing now, I may skip the 250 class on Realistic altogether, and just go to Supercross 6.

TRENDING THREADS