Monitor delay

Dec 7, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

So I have a pc which I'll display the specifications below. I noticed I was getting horrible delay when I had two monitors connected, so I removed one of the monitors and nothing has really changed, maybe a small improvement but it's still frustrating when playing games. It's strange too since the mouse works perfectly and there's no input delay, it's like the visual side of things is messed up. I've got the latest graphics driver and still the same, just not sure what to do anymore. I had the same problem with my laptop too, when I used the laptop screen there was no delay, but when I plugged a monitor into my laptop there was a visual delay but with no input lag. I hope someone can help.

Thank you.

Specifications:

Ryzen 5 2600 6c 12th
Nvidia 1650 Super GPU
16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
550w PSU
4x256gb ssd
1x256gb m.2

Monitor:

Benq XL2411k 144hz 1ms

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not a hardware guy, someone more knowledgeable should be along soon. But my guess is cables, since this affects both desktop and laptop.

What cables are you using?
What ports are they connected to on both ends?
Are there any adapters involved?
Have you tried different cables?

Dec 7, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not a hardware guy, someone more knowledgeable should be along soon. But my guess is cables, since this affects both desktop and laptop.

What cables are you using?
What ports are they connected to on both ends?
Are there any adapters involved?
Have you tried different cables?
Hello,

I have tried 3 different monitors, I have tried a brand new hdmi 2.0 cable and a brand new display port 1.4 cable that came with my monitor and there is no adapters involved. The only thing that made it work previously was using Linux, but the compatibility for Linux is pretty bad so I had to switch back.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Have you tried running DDU in safe mode, remove the Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and reinstall new ones?

if it works in linux, it is likely a driver thing.

see if any of these help - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-gaming/eb492f24-90bb-4a99-89f6-528cd6ab151b

Dec 7, 2023
Visit site
Have you tried running DDU in safe mode, remove the Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and reinstall new ones?

if it works in linux, it is likely a driver thing.

see if any of these help - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-gaming/eb492f24-90bb-4a99-89f6-528cd6ab151b
I have ran the DDU in safe mode and reinstall Nvidia driver and that didn't do a thing, the link below I will check out the solutions when I'm back on my pc soon

Thank you for your reply

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts