Mistakes were made, broken ssd?

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I recently upgaded my motherboard and cpu. I was so excited when it all arrived that I dissasembled the whole pc before I backed up the data. I knew that the system wouldnt like seeing a new cpu and a motherboard prbobably resulting in me having to reset the pc and get a new license. So I opened my old laptop put my ssd in a external exclosure and plugged it in. The ssd popped up on my screen then I shifted the enclosure so it isnt in the way and somehow the adapter didnt make proper contact and disconnected. I didnt make a huge deal out of it and just plugged it back in IT DISCONENCTED AGAIN. So this time I put some "stuff" in the external enclosure so the ssd is firmly in the adapter. This time it didnt disconnect but problem the sdd doesnt show up in the file manager aaaand is also has corrupted partions signified by disk manager propting me to initialize the disk. The initialization usually thinked about it for a bit and than gave me a io error or a hardware error. The disk was also nice enough to put itself into readonly mode automatically so I fixed that but still. Big uff but I can still see the size of the disk sooo I guess its ok. For about 3 hours I downloaded all the software for atleast recovery of the files. Nothing worked, now all my very real unbacked up worked which is on a ssd that I suspect I bricked. Second plan I built the pc and went through the power cycle process. 30 min only on power turn off then take the ssd out for 30 second put it back in aaand repeat. After 3 loops nothing. Question is: Do you think the ssd is bricked? Is it just very confused? Or did I only corrupt the data and the software is (for example AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.10) having trouble getting it out?

Reactions: pelejuet
Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I forgot to mention the disk is visible in bios aswell and I tried wiping the data with no result so the ssd is most likely broken. I will probably buy a new m.2 ssd but man I gotta backup the **** out of it for this to not happen again.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS