Microphone Audio

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Dear forum,
I'm quite a noob when it comes to PCs, and just have a simple question that has been bugging me for quite some time.

I have a Razer Blackshark V2 X gaming headset. When I use it in discord, it works without problems. There is also no background sound or anything.

When I use Streamlabs or normal recording software programs, there is a lot of background noise. I've tried googling a lot, but nothing has helped. I have recently found out that I have to have the connector for the headset in the back of the computer. I am therefore in doubt whether it is the headset itself or my computer that is the problem.

My question:
Is there anything I can do to improve my mic quality for streaming and miscellaneous, or do I need to buy a new set. How do streamers make their mic sound so "good" even if they have a headset?

Bonus question: Is it worth the money to buy a mic with a holder? Have looked at the Blue Yeticaster pro broadcast bundle, and just wanted to know if people had any experience with the product?

Thank you very much for your time, and sorry for the long description.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Okay, let me get the simple basic stuff out of the way first. Check in the setting in Streamlabs and make sure you have the right source selected; especially if you have multiple sources, like a mic and webcam. You can try also adjust your mic levels and gain. Below is a video link to Razer Support on troubleshooting your mic and headset.

How do streamers make their mic sound so "good" even if they have a headset?
That comes down to simply using better equipment. I personally use a yeti mic and a separate headset. Doing this give me the ability to adjust the quality on either one separately, and the mic difference is night and day; But yes it is going to cost a bit more. Keep in mind it comes down to personal preference honestly. This is what I use, but I don't stream or anything. This is mainly due to having the personality of a wasp at a picnic.

Is it worth the money to buy a mic with a holder?
Yes, its $20 and frees up desk space.

Razer headset support video

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Okay, let me get the simple basic stuff out of the way first. Check in the setting in Streamlabs and make sure you have the right source selected; especially if you have multiple sources, like a mic and webcam. You can try also adjust your mic levels and gain. Below is a video link to Razer Support on troubleshooting your mic and headset.

That comes down to simply using better equipment. I personally use a yeti mic and a separate headset. Doing this give me the ability to adjust the quality on either one separately, and the mic difference is night and day; But yes it is going to cost a bit more. Keep in mind it comes down to personal preference honestly. This is what I use, but I don't stream or anything. This is mainly due to having the personality of a wasp at a picnic.

Yes, its $20 and frees up desk space.

Razer headset support video

Thank you very much for the straight answer sir. Appriciate it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts