PCG Article Major New No Man's Sky update (PCG article)

So using the No mans Sky scale of "what you promised" versus "when its actually delivered", I can guess Cyberpunk will be finished by 2028?

Although TBF, NMS has delivered way more than they promised, it just took 6 years :)
Sean Murray is a man who has a hard time disappointing people. That's what got them into trouble. He would do these interviews, and people would ask him if "x" was going to be in the game, and he'd say "sure" and then try to change the subject. But people remembered. Hopefully he's learned how to better handle the media.

But No Man's Sky is a great game now. That's all that really matters.

I'm glad I waited until now to play NMS. I know it had a rocky start, but my only experience is that it's an epic game. This game is sucking me in more than any other game I've ever played.

Yesterday, I had a lot of time to play, and made some good progress. But then I got cocky and attacked a sentinel, and didn't realize there were about 50 in the area. I ended up losing a ton of my progress because of that.

Zloth

Community Contributor
WHAT!? Epic bought.... oh, you mean the adjective. Phew.

No Man's Sky is certainly a unique game! I bought it not that long after it showed up (yes, it CAN happen!) and enjoyed it a lot. Back then, all those red spikey crystals were plutonium (never mind how astoundingly deadly plutonium is), you could only have one ship, and there was no base building at all. You had the pack on your back (which didn't hold as much, even after expanding it) and the inventory on your ship. No more - and not much point in getting more, either. All you did was travel from planet to planet. On those planets, you could mine more stuff, try to scan all the animals, and maybe find some alien structures. Oh, and learn new alien words! (Mostly, though, I took screenshots. ;))

A few years later, I played again, and the game had changed a lot. There was far more to do, including the ability to build ONE base. That seemed like a really weird thing to do, given the nomadic lifestyle the game pushed. Come to think of it, I don't remember how we even got back to the base once built.

A few years after that, I played again, and the game had changed a lot more! The planet I had built on was gone, too, but the game had neatly packed up my base, so I flew around until I found a nice planet, then dropped it there. It had no power, though, but that didn't take all that long to put together and the wiring system made it easy to power up parts of the base as I gathered up power system materials/blueprints.

It's like I got No Man's Sky 1, 2, and 3 for $50 (or $60?) way back in the day! I know the game was really popular back when it came out (for about 20 hours) but not popular enough to fund all of that. Right now, the business model for this game seems much like Guild Wars.

It's like I got No Man's Sky 1, 2, and 3 for $50 (or $60?) way back in the day! I know the game was really popular back when it came out (for about 20 hours) but not popular enough to fund all of that. Right now, the business model for this game seems much like Guild Wars.

Do they still just have 16 employees like they had when they were first making the game? Extrapolating from the high number of user reviews they have on Steam, they've probably sold a few million copies on PC, and probably a few million more on console, and every time they go on sale, like they are right now, they go into the top 10 in sales, but it doesn't seem like enough to work on the game an extra 6 years like they have. Dunno. Glad they've managed it, though.

TRENDING THREADS