Question Looking for games that only every now and then require my attention

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
I like doing stuff while gaming, like painting miniatures for board games or browsing on some websites or moving stuff around in the condo or whatever. That's one of the reason why I like auto-battlers like Hearthstone Battlegrounds. Yeah, not paying attention all the time reduces my chances of winning, but I don't care that much. I set up my positioning and whatnot, and the do other things, and a minute or two I come back and check out what happened.

Aside from auto-battlers, are there any other genres or specific games that allow that?

Thanks

Reactions: Pifanjr
Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress work pretty well once you're past the initial set-up. With Rimworld I would suggest playing without enemies, as combat requires micromanaging your units if you don't want to risk wiping your camp.

You can also try automation games without enemies, like Shapez which was free on Epic recently.

All of Paradox' grand strategy games would be perfect for this as well.

Edit: you can try out Crusader Kings 2 for free or pay €5 to unlock all of the DLCs for a month. All Paradox grand strategy games get a ton of DLC that add a ton of content.

I like doing stuff while gaming, like painting miniatures for board games or browsing on some websites or moving stuff around in the condo or whatever. That's one of the reason why I like auto-battlers like Hearthstone Battlegrounds. Yeah, not paying attention all the time reduces my chances of winning, but I don't care that much. I set up my positioning and whatnot, and the do other things, and a minute or two I come back and check out what happened.

Aside from auto-battlers, are there any other genres or specific games that allow that?

Thanks
Idle games would work, like Cookie Clicker and Idle Champions

Here's a top 10 of them by players on Steam.

n47y4hc73el81.png

Reactions: Pifanjr
Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
Wouldn't all turn-based games fit the bill?
Well, I enjoy playing the game, doing other stuff at the same time, and every now and then check what happened in the meantime. Like with autobattlers you give some orders, do other stuff, and then see how the last fight went. Or with games like Cities Skylines where you maybe set up new roads or regions for the city, and check back a couple minutes later to see how they developed. Of course it reduces your chances of winning and sometimes you get a bad surprise, but I don't mind that.
Turn-based games would simply do nothing in the meantime.

But there've been some good suggestions here already. :)

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
@Tasp
have a look at Aquarist on steam,ive had it since it came out i think, i forget why i stopped playing i think it had beef with the steam deck.
its just like the fantastic,old j-ntsc only sega saturn game series; aquazone,except you dont need google camera to translate everything. its moving things around your place,fish tanks,filling them, putting things in it then watching your fish,and so forth.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS