PCG Article Lies of P is so blatantly Bloodborne that I feel bad for liking it

Sounds goodmight give it a shot on sale one day. If it reviews really well I'd be more interested.

Tried a few Souls clones and none of them have really done it for me yet outside of The Surge 2. I think that one worked because the setting was different enough for it to feel like its own thing. Something like Mortal Shell shares a similar art style and when it doesnt control exactly the same as a DS game it just feels off straight away.

Last edited:
Sounds goodmight give it a shot on sale one day. If it reviews really well I'd be more interested.

Tried a few Souls clones and none of them have really done it for me yet outside of The Surge 2. I think that one worked because the setting was different enough for it to feel like its own thing. Something like Mortal Shell shares a similar art style and when it doesnt control exactly the same as a DS game it just feels off straight away.
If it successfully implements mouse and keyboard, that will be a big improvement. Even after modders fix FromSoft games, they still feel bad to me, but I only played the first two Dark Souls. Maybe they've improved since then. But then again, according to my son, the key bindings in Elden Ring were done by an escaped mental patient. Of course, that can be easily fixed.

Right tool for the right job. I've been playing on consoles as long as I've been using a M+K so its easy for me to switch to either.
I was never a console person during the era of 3D games, so it's very awkward for me. I've thought about trying to get better at it, but there really isn't any actual reason why controllers would be better for 3rd person games. You can still change direction faster with kb/ms and have more fine control over movement and aiming.

Totally get it could be awkward, a lot of people feel the same way one way or the other. I'm mostly somewhere in the middle. Aiming in anything that requires shooting is infinitely better with a mouse for sure. In Uncharted 4 ,I was using the controller to move around and climb etc. As soon as I'd get to cover in a shoot out I just grabbed the mouse and popped off headshots.

I do think controllers are generally more intuitive for melee games. Most of the best Souls streamers use them. Thumbs on the sticks and two fingers on the bumpers is easier to co-ordinate in a millisecond when you're going for parries and last second dodges etc. As long as you have the muscle memory trained, which definitely takes some time.

TRENDING THREADS