Question League of legends not loading after champion select

Jun 28, 2024
Visit site
So lately I have been experiencing league not loading after champion select is over the popup window of league shows on taskbar but the game doesn't open and I need to end task from task manager and reopen the game couple of times to try and reconnect to game. Any solutions?

Jul 28, 2024
Visit site
Hey, just stumbled upon your thread and made an account to type here.

I had the same problem and just fixed it.
What I did:

1. Go to whichever drive you have League installed > Riot Games > League of Legends > there should be the LeagueClient.exe > right click > properties > compatibility > run this program in compatibility mode > select "Windows 7"
2. Go to whichever drive you have League installed > Riot Games > League of Legends > Game > right click on League of Legends.exe > properties > compatibility > run this program in compatibility mode > select "Windows 7"

Not sure if you HAVE TO do it for both the client and the game .exe, but for me it only worked when I did both.
Hope that helps

• Love
Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
Sep 10, 2024
Visit site
I've created this account to participate in the conversation. I've been having the exact same problem even after formatting my pc. There is a slight improvement after applying what you guys have said, but I can't say it fixed it. Now insted of just showing League icon on my taskbar, it actually opens the game but it stucks in black screen, just reloading over and over again and saying couldn't connect the league servers. Just like before, I need to consantly close and reconnect a couple of times in order to connect to the game.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts