Keyboard recommendation (Bluetooth / Wireless)

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi
I am after a keyboard....musts

1. It's work first, gaming a distant second
2. Must be able to connect to, two device
2.1 My work laptop via a 'usb wireless (I can not connect Bluetooth devices to my work laptop)
2.2 And my Desktop PC by Bluetooth in the evenings :) !

I bought a Surface Keyboard a few years ago for His and Her Surface Laptops. Unfortunately it only connects to our Surface Laptops and there doesn't appear to be a way to connect to my work laptop
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-WS2-00003-Surface-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B06WLLTDYF

As soon as we started working from home last year, I bought this keyboard (I don't use the mouse, as that is awful!). It does the job, great for work, studying. And gaming, it's good enough (I don't play fast paced games on keyboard). However it only connects by USB wireless, which means I have to keep switching the USB Wireless connector between work laptop and PC !

I was looking at this keyboard. Thoughts?

Suggests it will do what I want. Connect via USB Wireless, and I can switch to Bluetooth connectation

I have a £50/60/70 limit for the keyboard (£100 if it comes with a great mouse)

Also, my wife will be using the keyboard I bought last year (no electronic rubbish in this household!) :)

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Oh, noticed there is an accessories thread, happy for it to be moved over.

Ok, narrowed down my choice to....

In price order (lowest first)

1. Logitech MK850 with mouse and unifying receiver
Logitech MK850 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set at Ebuyer

I can't work out on Amazon if you actually get the mouse and unifying receiver on the 'single option?' for £61.99 (or (£72.98 with the receiver)
Logitech MK850 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo, 2.4GHz Wireless and Bluetooth, Curved Keyframe & Wireless Mouse, 12 Programmable Keys, 3-Year Battery Life, PC/Mac, QWERTY UK Layout: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

2. Corsair K57 £79.99
Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard (Dynamic Backlit RGB LED, Quiet and Responsive, Six Programmable Macro Keys, Up to 175 Hours Battery Life with Sub 1 ms Slipstream Wireless Technology), Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Then into the mechanical favour. I'm not a (I think this is a PC gaming term..) 'twitch gamer' - So not sure a mechanical keyboard is required. Again, working, and studying is my main event at the moment

But some options

3. Corsair K63 wireless £119.99
Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

4. Logitech G613 (only available in US layout in amazon, I will find a UK layout) £129.99
Logitech G613 Wireless Gaming Keyboard (Mechanical Keyboard with Lightspeed Technology) - US International Layout: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

the Logitech even if it's 'more for the USB receiver and mouse, for my needs. Actually just typing this out, unless someone says 'The G613 or K63 are the best keyboards ever. MK850 seems the one....

TRENDING THREADS