Keyboard disappearing

When typing a reply on mobile, the mobile keyboard disappears if I press the enter or back space key, which is extremely obnoxious. It's only in the reply box (I can use back space in the title field for this thread just fine) and while typing this I noticed the back space does work for removing letters of a word I'm currently typing, but as soon as I've finished the word and try to back space the keyboard closes.

Reactions: Mazer

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Need a few more details if you could. What phone are you using? Which OS is it running? Are you using a 3rd party keyboard or the default one? Is the issue ONLY happening here on the forums?

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8, running Android 9, using the default Samsung keyboard.

I've only seen it happen on this forum and also only when typing in a field that uses the editor (new posts, but also the "about you" when editing my profile).

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I just tested it on the forums for Tom's Hardware (which are also owned by Future PLC) and I have the same problem there.
Yeah, I think its an issue with the iframe on this forum type. It's not terribly mobile friendly. When can help is when you are on it, try seeing if you can view in desktop mode. For some reason the the fact that there are items to interact with on either side of the chat box plays havoc with android mobile viewing. I am not sure if it is the same with apple.

If you are not sure how to do that, this is a decent little tutorial (or at least has the screen shots to easily see)

I just happened to discover the problem doesn't happen if I press the gear icon in the editor.

dH9K6vp.jpg

TRENDING THREADS