Issues with unstable wired and wifi connection on the pc.

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am currently having an issue with the internet connection wired and wifi on the pc and very noticeable when gaming and only happens randomly.

When this happens i do check connection on another device and speeds and ping are as they should be at 5ms 600 download and 600upload and no jitter, butt when i run a speed test on the pc in question the speeds are well down and a lot of jitter causing in game performance issues.

Could this be the network card with in the motherboard?? maybe need to replace the motherboard??

I have been through all the settings i can think of and still no joy.

One other thing to mention i did check temps of everything whilst this happens and appears to be ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and understand the difficulty into diagnosing something without seeing the problem,

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

Could this be the network card with in the motherboard?? maybe need to replace the motherboard??
No expert on this, but if that's the problem, you can probably buy a separate cheap network card if your mobo has a slot for it—a lot cheaper than replacing the mobo..

When our experts drop by, they'll need more info about your system to help you. Use this as a guide:

Reactions: Why_Me
Jun 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello there!

Although I am not an expert to solve this but I can suggest some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issues

Update Network Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your network card installed. As well as you can also restart Networking Devices.

Check Network Cables: If you're using a wired connection, make sure the Ethernet cable is securely plugged in on both ends.

Adjust Router Settings: In this step, you can access your router's settings through a web browser and ensure that it's running the latest firmware. Consider adjusting the channel settings for Wi-Fi to avoid interference from other devices.

Test with a Different Network Card: If you have a spare network card, you can try installing it to see if the issue persists. If the new card provides stable connections, it could indicate a problem with the existing network card on your motherboard.

If you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues, it might be helpful to consult a professional technician who can diagnose the problem more accurately or find a solution from all over the web.

Recently I have also faced a frustrating issue with my apple tv remote which is not working then I was searching for a solution on the web and luckily got a helpful source- https://setapp.com/how-to/fix-apple-tv-remote-not-working-properly where I got step-by-step guidelines to solve the issue by following some simple steps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS